Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FlyQ EFB - Lifetime Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlyQ EFB - Lifetime Data

FlyQ EFB has their lifetime subscription plans for a limited time again (I think for the next couple of days)

You can buy a Lifetime for just $299 (VFR) or $399 (VFR + IFR) by going to https://seattleavionics.com/BFF

I am not trying to convince anyone to convert or say FlyQ is better than XXXXXX. It is a product I use primarily because I didn't want to have to pay 100+ a year and they are one of the few I know about that offer lifetime subscriptions. I bought in back in 2014, so it's all savings from here on out.

I did this the first year they offered it, and FlyQ just continues to improve. The new weather features they are about to release are a major enhancement, bringing it pretty much to par with FF in that regard. Since Boeing acquired FF, I sadly anticipate them leaning more and more towards the turboprop and turbine aircraft side, with few added features for us "little guys"...
    Jim Parker
    Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
    RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

• mswain
      mswain commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never used any of the other EFB's out there, but I've never longed for any feature that wasn't in FlyQ. As you mentioned, they continually push new features which is nice that it is being continuously improved....

+1 for FlyQ too. I've used several others but to me it's been the best value. Think I might go ahead and get the lifetime this year, thanks for the heads up.
    Dave B.
    Plane Grips Co.
    www.planegrips.com

Comment

Originally posted by JimParker256 View Post
      I did this the first year they offered it, and FlyQ just continues to improve. The new weather features they are about to release are a major enhancement, bringing it pretty much to par with FF in that regard. Since Boeing acquired FF, I sadly anticipate them leaning more and more towards the turboprop and turbine aircraft side, with few added features for us "little guys"...
      They might... but to be honest, most turbine guys have no use at all for VFR data. Boeing already owns Jeppessen, which is 100 million times better than anything else for IFR, so I'm not sure why they would change foreflight into a turbine IFR type flying thing. They already have the best in town for that.

We carry no VFR anything on our flight deck. We're don't even have the opspec to allow VFR flight. Most turbine 135 outside Alaska have just the 50 or 30 miles(can't remember which) from destination VFR, but that's it.

Comment

awesome - thanks for the heads up - I'm going Dynon panel and FLQ is the maps for Dynon - just picked up the lifetime subscription!

Comment

• zkelley2
          zkelley2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm confused. It seems like this is chart data only for the FlyQ EFB app. Not data for the various avionics suites.
          If I'm wrong, please correct me, since I'd then be very interested. My avionics use Seattle Avionics charts to.

• jaredyates
          jaredyates commented
          Editing a comment
          They have specials for the ipad subscription and specials for the Dynon data etc. They sell them as separate products.

The data for the various avionics are separate from what I originally posted, but they are having some specials for those products as well.

https://seattleavionics.com/eCommerce/Buy1.aspx?CouponCode=BF2019MainHasLifetimeFlyQEmai l

Comment

Working...
        X