Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Controls

I'm ready to order engine controls, throttle, prop and mixture. Has anyone used the Aircraft Spruce controls, if so are you happy with the quality? Any other suggestions.

Rod

I have all Spruce controls, the cheapest ones....

They are actually pretty satisfying, operationally. They are all smooth to use and the vernier ones engage nicely after using the button. The friction nut is a little sensitive on the throttle control, but it works well. I have not noticed any backlash in any of the controls, particularly the prop control and throttle are really good. I have maybe half a turn of backlash in the red knob, but I think that's actually in the fuel servo and not in the control itself.

If you're looking for a top quality finish on the moulded plastic parts, you won't like the friction locking throttle knob, as there are some minor rough spots. Maybe consider shopping elsewhere [and be prepared to open your wallet].

Comment

Here's the best close-up I have of the throttle:

Ahhh - things were so much cleaner before it left the shop.....

Last edited by Battson; 01-29-2015, 01:58 PM.

Comment

I've used the Spruce controls and thought there were pretty good. I'll be using them in my BH.
        Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Same here - I thought the Aircraft Spruce controls were top quality.

Eric Newton
          Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC
          Rugged Tailwheels for your experimental aircraft. Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC manufactures the original Bearhawk Tailwheel for bush flying.

Bearhawk Builder Manuals
          Eric Newton - Long Beach, MS
          Bearhawk Tailwheels and Builder's Manuals
          http://bhtailwheels.com

Comment

Working...
          X