Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holes through tubing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holes through tubing

Anybody got a tool or a process for debudring holes through tubing? The O.D. is easy, how do I get the burr off the I.D.? Tried drilling underside and reaming, that helped, still have a slight burr. Any ideas?
    Gerry
    Patrol

There is such a thing as a blind deburring bit that you chuck in a drill. It has a retractable cutter that allows it to pass through the hole. I saw one at an RV builder's shop but have never purchased one, since they are expensive. What is the application?
    Deburring Tools Cogsdill offers you a better way to get rid of those troublesome burrs. BURRAWAY® and BURR-OFF® mechanical hole-deburring tools remove burrs on the front, back, or both sides of drilled holes in one

Comment

The empennage has weldments that slide on to smaller diameter tubes. Grease fitting holes through elevator hinge fittings is one example.
      Gerry

Comment

I have used a deburring bit like this with good success.

Shaviv Deburring Tool Replacement Blade B30 Simultaneously deburrs the inside and outside of holes up to 0.16 inches (4 mm) thick.

Lee
        Last edited by Lee; 04-28-2022, 02:36 AM.
        Patrol QB #312
        Buchanan Airfield
        Concord, CA

Comment

• Camflyer
          Camflyer commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what I was thinking when I read the op question.

If the tube is short, what about a rounded file applied parallel to the tube length?

Comment

I just used a fine-cut round file as Jared suggested to knock the burrs down. I also used something like this to polish the inside of tubing that I had welded: https://www.eastwood.com/autobody/sa...=google&wv=3.1

Comment

Not sure about the clearance but Paul (@alaskabearhawk) posted this video recently, would this work for you?

Mark
            Scratch building Patrol #275
            Hood River, OR

Comment

Working...
            X