Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A trip around the Kenai Peninsula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A trip around the Kenai Peninsula

It was another beautiful day yesterday!

IMG_2718.jpg IMG_2719.jpg IMG_2722.jpg IMG_2725.jpg IMG_2721.jpg IMG_2723.jpg IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg
    Last edited by alaskabearhawk; 08-15-2024, 11:47 AM.

How many hours thus far? When Rob goes back to skis and you loose your covered tie down, Pat has a spot for rent in his hanger. My son is also storing his airplane in Pat’s hanger.

Comment

• alaskabearhawk
      alaskabearhawk commented
      Editing a comment
      23.4. Between crummy WX, a new grandson and more visitors this year than usual, opportunities to fly are fewer than I would like. But it’s coming along.

I bought the unit next to Rob at the south end. It’s not a heated hangar, but the most that I can afford!
      Last edited by alaskabearhawk; 08-16-2024, 10:38 AM.

• rodsmith
      rodsmith commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to hear you are now able to hangar it!

I miss Alaska!

Comment

Nicely done... def bringing baby up right!

Fond memories of doing Capstone in SE (Phase 1) and SW (Phase 2) Alaska and the weather camera program. We lost about 1/3 of the folks we sent up there to work the program...knew we had a problem when they grew the Grizzly Adams beards (yes - even the women stopped shaving... wookies had nothing on them), started wearing lined jeans and flannel (even when swimming/95 deg F days), and were constantly blasting us with burps that smelled suspiciously of Alaska-native smoked salmon sticks. We knew they were lost when we'd find them wandering around the Lake Hood shoreline in 3 feet of snow looking for 'For Sale' signs on the props... "Just trying to find a deal before the Spring rush!"

Comment

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing. That view sure makes the 40 hrs more fun.

Comment

Working...
        X