Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixed Trim Tab vs Servoed Trim Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the Hales Landing crew drew one up. We didn't write it up for the Beartracks because Bob wasn't a fan of that level of modification and complexity. I don't recall him having safety objections, just elegance objections, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Ramsey View Post
      Has anyone installed a jack screw like the Pipers have that will adjust the stabilizer and just do away with the trip tabs?
      You’d need to use Charlie Center’s Crosswind STOL designed tail support set up to retain the support struts feature that are fixed on the Bearhawk.

Comment

now im curious. I guess ill look up charlie center’s crosswind tail set up

Comment

Found this pic on one of their website pages: http://crosswindsstol.com/wp/s-t-o-l/

Guessing there is triangulation of forward strut that moves up and down with the front edge of the horizontal stabilizer. Nice call out Mark.

Comment

Still seems like a good idea to me so far. I’ll continue to research. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Comment

Working...
            X