Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O360 prop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O360 prop question

Looking for opinions on a HC-C2YK-1BF 8475D4 80 inch diameter hartzell prop for my lycoming O360 . Does this sound like it should do the trick .from what I know which is very limited, it should ? Thanks

It's been a long time but maybe this will get things going. Assuming your O360 is an A1A or similar without crankshaft counter weights then you'll need a harmonic damper to go with that propeller. Supposedly the dampers are somewhat difficult to find and weigh ~10lbs. If I was going to use a Hartzell on a IO360 that would be the one.
    Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

That's the one I'm using Gary, Cherokee Six prop right? Bob recommended it and it pulls hard and can be found reasonably.

Comment

I believe the cherokee six is a 8477 where this is a 8475 .Not sure what the difference is exactly there. Bi do have the crankshaft counterweights on my engine .

Comment

I search the FAA TCDS (Type certificate Data Sheet) for the Hartzell C2YK hub. The blades that I saw compatible with the O-360 was 7666, F7666, F7666A-2Q, and F7666A-4Q. It looked like the C2YK hub with the blade you asked about was used on O-540's.

The TCDS did list a F8477 blade when using a C2YR hub on an O-360. The difference between the C2YR and the C2YF is the flange specifications.

There is some good info on that TCDS. If one picks the hub/blade combination, he may have a combo that would avoid a placard limitation (like "avoid continuous operation between 2000 - 2350 RPM) in the certificated world, or may avoid the need of a damper.
          Brooks Cone
          Southeast Michigan
          Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Working...
          X