Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front seat drawings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front seat drawings

Hi guys, I`ve been staring at the wing drawings so long maybe I`m getting crossed eyed...

I cant seem to locate the drawings for the front seats on the plans..

I saw the pages in the bearhawk book for the rear seats and a link to buy drawings for $20.00....is that where I find the front seat plans?

There are no drawings for the front seats. Bob used seats out of a Tri-Pacer for the prototype. The best option is to just order a set from the factory. It will save you a bunch of time and it's more than worth it in regard to the time to make a nice set.

I built mine. I had borrowed a set of factory seats from a builder nearby and copied them. Even with having a set for reference they are a bit tricky to get just right. I have 23 kitlog entries just on the front seats and the related mounts:

Comment

Bought mine from Avipro. Very pleased with the product.

Comment

Doesn’t the manual that comes with the drawings set have instructions and drawings of the seats?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Moyle View Post
          Doesn’t the manual that comes with the drawings set have instructions and drawings of the seats?
          Yes, but from what I saw it's just the rear seat drawings

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Strickland View Post
            Bought mine from Avipro. Very pleased with the product.
            Me too. Do this, it is really, really worth it
            -------------------
            Mark

Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
            Bearhawk 4A #1078 (Scratch building - C-GPFG reserved)
            RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)

Comment

Here is what I drew up. send me a private message. The drawings are in Solid Works 2018. There are several drawings for the seat and the mounting system.Seat V2.JPG

Comment

• JCD23
                JCD23 commented
                Editing a comment
                Can I get a copy of your Solid Works Model? Thanks

Originally posted by alaskabearhawk View Post
              There are no drawings for the front seats. Bob used seats out of a Tri-Pacer for the prototype. The best option is to just order a set from the factory. It will save you a bunch of time and it's more than worth it in regard to the time to make a nice set.

https://bearhawkaircraft.com/product...-seats-frames/

I built mine. I had borrowed a set of factory seats from a builder nearby and copied them. Even with having a set for reference they are a bit tricky to get just right. I have 23 kitlog entries just on the front seats and the related mounts:

http://www.mykitlog.com/users/displa...=189171&row=47
              Very nice to hear from you, I'm a big fan of your videos. Your videos on welding and testing to destruction are great confidence boosters for us RV type guys who know squat about fabric and tube planes, your content really helped me to make the leap from the RV world...I'm glad I did.

thanks for the info on the seats,

looking over your build and others, it looks like the front seats adjust with t-handles that move a spring loaded pin up and down to engage the seat track, I've seen another builder using a hand crank and threaded shaft to move the seat. Is this a unique mod or something that id find in the bearhawk tips/beartracks?

attachment.php?attachmentid=39170&d=1427379852.jpg
              http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/fo...ad.php?t=16178
              post 11

this builder also did a bed mod, that looks kinda interesting.
              attachment.php?attachmentid=39174&d=1427379939.jpg

Mike in Toronto
              Last edited by way_up_north; 12-23-2018, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• rodsmith
                rodsmith commented
                Editing a comment
                That crank mod for adjusting the seat looks great. Wish I had seen that before going with the T handle and pin although what I have should function ok. I'm the only one that will be flying the plane so probably could just lock the pilot seat in place.

I ordered front seats from the factory. It is definitely a good way to go but be aware most of the adjustment parts are not included. I had to have a friend with a kit send me pictures of everything and I built the parts from the pics. I could have built the seats myself for a quarter the money but it would have taken time that I did not want to spend building seats.

I like that hand crank seat adjustment idea. I’m not real fond of the current BH system but it is simple.
              Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

I built my front seats from a 2 sheet set of drawings that I bought from Bob. He farmed the drawings out to another engineer, the seats are very similar if not identical to the Avipro seats and not that hard to build. At this point I would just buy them, my time/money equation has evolved more towards spending money to get in the air faster.

Comment

Originally posted by rodsmith View Post
                  I built my front seats from a 2 sheet set of drawings that I bought from Bob. He farmed the drawings out to another engineer, the seats are very similar if not identical to the Avipro seats and not that hard to build. At this point I would just buy them, my time/money equation has evolved more towards spending money to get in the air faster.
                  My plan is to have fun building but to buy many of the parts from avipro as I go along, wing steel parts ...ect...probably the airframe and ill build the tail...I'm planning on getting the avipro seats, but deviating from the plans by using the crank adjuster ....there might be value in the current seat system I'm not aware of....this builder also has an interesting bed mod...for those times you get to Oshkosh and the campsite is full..or just flying around and exploring the country.....think flying airstream-recreational vehicle ....or think grand caravan stow and go....a better way to have 4-5 seats but quickly convert to a large open cargo area....

whees floor track system and a 3 row seat could still work in this setup...

the Bearhawk surprises you, monthly ....with interesting possibilities....

im sure as we move forward the factory will offer more options....the Bearhawk is getting more popular by the year.
                  Last edited by way_up_north; 12-23-2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X