Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain Gutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain Gutter

Has anyone installed a rain gutter above the aft cargo door? If so, how did you do it?

I was going to glue one on made from J-section aluminium, but it's proved unnecessary. A simple rubber seal from ACS at the top of the door has kept the water out. It drains around the door sill and onto the aft fuselage skin.

If you were going to be parked outside more than a few weeks a year, I would consider a sill. Wind-blown rain would be the biggest concern.

Comment

Hi you all, This is what I came up with for the rear door gutter. I want to get your opinions on how to attach it.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• huntaero
        huntaero commented
        Editing a comment
        We used 4-5 anchor nuts and screwed it on after the fabric, same principal as your gutter use a little silicone to seal it.

Is it working well, I just do not want water on the door seels all the time

Comment

• huntaero
        huntaero commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a good question the 1st one of our group is in process of painting wings and getting ready to final install them, still cold in Winnipeg so we will know for sure in the summer.
    Working...
    X