Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tubing kit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubing kit question

Good evening, all,

A Bearhawk 4 place is one aircraft I'm considering building. I'd like to weld up my fuselage so a tubing kit would be preferable to grinding and fitting tubes. Does anyone know if Bearhawk Aircraft sells a tubing kit with major fittings, such as wing and landing gear attach fittings pre-made and ready to be fitted and welded in place?

Thanks in advance for you time!

Regards,
    Rob

Call Mark and ask, I did see he has a tubing kit in Texas right now for sale so you wouldn't have to wait for it...
    https://www.youtube.com/user/fastfox23
    Patrol plans #398

Comment

I have a fuselage, 4 place, that is built from a fuselage tube kit built by VR3. They are out of Canada. I have used them to do tubing kits for a tube frame formula car that I designed as well.

Bottom line there are at lease 2 suppliers for tubing kits for the Bearhawk 4 place.

Comment

Originally posted by S Lathrop View Post
        I have a fuselage, 4 place, that is built from a fuselage tube kit built by VR3. They are out of Canada. I have used them to do tubing kits for a tube frame formula car that I designed as well.

Bottom line there are at lease 2 suppliers for tubing kits for the Bearhawk 4 place.
        I keep watching for the folks at VR3 to register here and provide support for their offerings.

Comment

There is one kit manufacturer sanctioned by the designer. They sell quality kits and components for an extremely fair price. For me personally, I would prefer to purchase BH specific kit components from the main company that will be there in the future for support.

Comment

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post

I keep watching for the folks at VR3 to register here and provide support for their offerings.
            I’m sure it would be interesting for others to learn about the VR3 tubing kits but but the market is really small. Now that Mark offers tubing kits and for an attractive price the market is even smaller. I can’t image doing any kind of marketing would be worth their time, unfortunately.

My airplane is built from a VR3 tubing kit and I really like it. However, if I ever build another BH I’ll probably order from Mark.
            Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

I just ordered a VR3 tubing kit for a non Bearhawk project and was blown away by the quality. I TIG weld everything and the fit up of the VR3 had absolutely no gaps which is very helpful. I have not seen the tubing kit from Mark so others can vouch for that.

Comment

Working...
              X