Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kit prices for 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit prices for 2019

Prices for materials, especially 4130 tubing, have gone way up this year. Most everything has gotten more expensive but not the 40% increase we have seen in the tubing.

So kit prices are going to need to go up in 2019. If you are thinking about a kit and would like to put down a deposit (10%) before the end of the year to buy at 2018 pricing - you might want to get in touch. We are flexible about delivery times, and could hold onto a kit until you are ready to take delivery. Mark 512/626-7886 (cell) or N95MF@hotmail.com

That steel price has been like a rocket this year eh.

Comment

I buy materials for the factory every three months. From March until June the cost of 4130 tube went up 40%. Tariffs. And instead of buying from one vendor that gives the best price I had to buy from FOUR vendors just to find all the tubing sizes. Things have improved a little although shortages are still there in some sizes. Mark

Comment

As a non-US citizen I could make political comment - but that would probably not be welcome or appropriate on this forum. Suffice it to say - "you reap what you sow ...."

Comment

• davzLSA
          davzLSA commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah maybe we will reap more US steel producers?

Originally posted by PaulSA View Post
        As a non-US citizen I could make political comment - but that would probably not be welcome or appropriate on this forum. Suffice it to say - "you reap what you sow ...."
        Trust me, we're all keenly aware lol.
        Dave B.
        Plane Grips Co.
        www.planegrips.com

Comment

Originally posted by PaulSA View Post
          On this forum, not welcome nor appropriate. True words, those. But I gotta tell you it would generate a discussion that would be a hellova lot of fun!

Bill

Comment

• PaulSA
            PaulSA commented
            Editing a comment
            Only meant to be a light-hearted comment - don't want to cause any controversy! I'm a Brit settled in South Africa - just look at the mess these 2 have got themselves into!

Over on avidfoxflyers forum, they have subforum titled "hardcore avid flyers; stay out of here if you are easily offended" Within that category anything goes. It's loads of fun sometimes...
          Mark
          Scratch building Patrol #275
          Hood River, OR

Comment

• jaredyates
            jaredyates commented
            Editing a comment
            Those areas can skew search results if the software doesn't have a way to exclude those forums from the search. Back when the big Yahoo group went strictly on-topic (and became usable again) a handful of folks started another message board that would allow off-topic discussion. These two factors have been sufficient to keep us from going this route so far.

That's a pretty hefty price boost in raw materials. Holy shmoley.
          Christopher Owens
          Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
          Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
          Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
            Mark Goldberg commented
            Editing a comment
            Steel tube was the worst. Aluminum sheet also went up more than expected, and shortages in the aluminum are evident right now while I am again buying materials for the kit factory.. MG
        Working...
        X