Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell us what you did today on your Bearhawk Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packing it up!

The Airplane Factory is a sea of boxes and stuff as the shop gets loaded into the big semi sitting at the end of the driveway. And to think, just two days ago I could see the floor.

By Saturday, all of this will be in Milwaukee. By September, I'll probably finally find everything so I can get back to work.

And Buddy is sitting here calmly watching his house disappears around him.

Last edited by Chris In Milwaukee; 06-01-2017, 09:47 AM.
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

• Ugh... Chris, those pictures bring back not-so-fond memories of my last move. (And I do mean "LAST" move. I told my wife the next time I move, it will be in a coffin...)
      Jim Parker
      Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
      RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

• Started installing fuel tanks today Got the left wing tanks installed but not after I discovered I had built myself a trap. When installing the transfer fuel line from the reserve tank I inadvertently ran the line across the center of the inspection panel for the flap springs. As I found out I would need hands and arms the size of a 5yr old to work around that line. I wound up pulling the hard line and installing a flex line. The hard line would have worked if I had gone on the top side of the flap spring bar and put a couple of 90s in the line. See attached pics. IMG_1738.JPGIMG_1730.JPGIMG_1734.JPGIMG_1731.JPGIMG_1735.JPG

Comment

• Bdflies
          Bdflies commented
          Editing a comment
          For the record: Mr. Sebastian does NOT have arms the size of a 5 yr old!

Lookin good, C.J.

Bill

• I found my EFIS electrical connector was loose. This caused alternator wine and wig-wag light clicking. Check your connectors on your EFIS and Engine monitor boxes. They are usually not safetied in any way. Use locktite I guess.

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Installed my gear leg / fuselage fairings. I have Bob's upper and lower strut fairings, also. Will use the upper ones, but not decided about the lowers.

Up to 23 hrs and flying great.

Bill
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

• huntaero
              huntaero commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks great thanks for the tips

• Hi, We worked on the interior for the last eight days and here are some photos
            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• I love the diamond tuck look. Can you give more details to someone that knows nothing about upholstery (but my wife sews). Materials used, methods etc.

Doug
              Scratch building Patrol #254

Comment

• Gerhard Rieger
                Gerhard Rieger commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Doug, Yes I also love it and the vintage look that goes with it. I used ripstop light canvas that they use for light tents with 6mm foam and linen cloth for the inside. drawn all the lines parrallel on a cut out panel and sewn on the lines, you need to do every second line and change direction everytime. the backing is aluminum with 2,5 inch lightening holes cut in them, I glue the sewn-up panel to the aluminum. I will add more photos

• Cut and fit my windshield and skylight. Windshield was the untrimmed version. Believe I ended up taking about 3 inches off the bottom. Skylight is 1/8th solar gray lexan, should help keep the heat out. When trimming your windshield make sure to clamp the sides to the tubing. Initially I didn't, they were about 3" from the tubing. Once I clamped them it changed the shape at the bottom. I ended up with a nice fit at the leading edge, base of the windshield ended up 1 1/2" in front of the diagonal tubes.This was something I didn't want to attempt until the wings were mounted.
              Last edited by rodsmith; 07-23-2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Airplane progress has been painfully slow this summer. Things are finally slowing down and I've made a good progress the past few days. The most exciting thing for me is my engine. It's finally coming together!

Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

• We tried to get the plane in the paint booth this weekend but we didn't quite make it. We are racing the weather and I'm not sure we are going to make it; seems we have skipped fall and gone from summer to early winter. Hopefully we will get a few warm days so we can get the fuselage painted.

Comment

• Whee, I'm sure you've told us already, but I don't recall. What covering system are you using?
                    A very exciting stage in the process!!

Bill

Comment

• I am in the process of installing the fuel system, this is my header tank

Comment

• working on the brake system today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bdflies
                          Whee, I'm sure you've told us already, but I don't recall. What covering system are you using?
                          A very exciting stage in the process!!

Bill
                          We are using Stewart's.

Comment

Working...
                          X