Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tapatalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like taptalk... I can take a quick look at the time line for posts of interest. Might take 30 seconds....Guess I'll be scarce around here... Short wing Piper, supercub and Back country pilot are readily accessible and functional via tap talk.

Comment

I use Tapatalk on iOS devices (iPhone & iPads) probably 75% of the time. It makes it easy to just jump on the forums and see what's new if I have a couple of minutes waiting in line or whatever. That being said, if Tapatalk didn't work, I'd use Safari.

As others have mentioned Tapatalk stopped working on the BH forums a few days ago. It still works for BCP though.

As Zzz said, setting up SSL on a site like this should be pretty straightforward. If cost for the cert is an issue, I'd be happy to chip in to help pay for it.

Comment

I've tried tapatalk a few times. The idea is very appealing, but I kept finding that it didn't completely work with most forums. Some types of replies and other features didn't show/weren't accessible. I gave up on it.

Comment

Thanks for pointing out that it quit working, that is actually unrelated, let me see if I can fix it. The SSL is not especially expensive, but the host requires a dedicated IP address which is a little more expensive. If folks are going to use it, then it's not a problem, but that's why I thought I'd ask.

To get the most recent posts in chronological order, start at the home page in the mobile view and touch where it says "Forums" just above "Directory" which is just above "Bearhawk General Forums." That gives you a drop down for "Latest Activity."

I used Tapatalk for a while, but found that it wasn't working the way I wanted it to. If it is really useful to some of you, and if as Zane says going to https is worthwhile anyway, then maybe we can go that route.

Comment

also a taptalk user here... I tried it a few years ago and thought "this is lame", but once I switched over to using my iPad more for my personal stuff - taptalk is so much nicer then using a browser to read forums. Z has done a great job with backcountrypilot.org and taptalk - since he is also a bearhawker I'm sure he could point you in the right direction

Comment

Yes, Zane is always super helpful, as are others. I often look to him and Chris for "second-level" tech support, which for me is pretty much one step above rebooting.

Comment

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post
                To get the most recent posts in chronological order, start at the home page in the mobile view and touch where it says "Forums" just above "Directory" which is just above "Bearhawk General Forums." That gives you a drop down for "Latest Activity."
                This doesn't work to get recent posts in chronological order as I believe Whee in post 10 and Mark M in post 16 were suggesting. BCP "Latest forum topics" and Supercub.org "New posts" buttons are great for when one is not able to call up the site every day.

Comment

Originally posted by marcusofcotton View Post
                  This doesn't work to get recent posts in chronological order as I believe Whee in post 10 and Mark M in post 16 were suggesting. BCP "Latest forum topics" and Supercub.org "New posts" buttons are great for when one is not able to call up the site every day.
                  Mark, I think I'm missing some nuance here, can you elaborate? What is it that theirs does that ours doesn't do?

Comment

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post

Mark, I think I'm missing some nuance here, can you elaborate? What is it that theirs does that ours doesn't do?
                    Here, the topics are listed in the order that the topic was created. The other sites have the ability to have the topics listed in the chronological order of the most recent posts to the site, no matter which thread, topic, or forum. I find that to be a very nice feature.

Comment

Originally posted by marcusofcotton View Post
                      Here, the topics are listed in the order that the topic was created. The other sites have the ability to have the topics listed in the chronological order of the most recent posts to the site, no matter which thread, topic, or forum. I find that to be a very nice feature.
                      And when I click on a topic on the other forums it takes me to the first post I haven't read. On this forum I have to scroll to find the new post and on multi pages threads, while using my iphone, that can be quite aggravating.
                      Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

If this post shows, then I think it may be working again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• jaredyates
                          jaredyates commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It looks like it is fixed, if anyone else has trouble, please let me know.

Nice! Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yippy - Tapatalk works again. Thx
                          Last edited by corefile; 11-25-2016, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks from me too!
                            Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Good job, Jared. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X