Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tapatalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapatalk

Are there many people using Tapatalk to access this site? For those who are, how many are using Apple products? Apple is making a policy change in the coming months that is going to make it harder for us to support Tapatalk, and I'd like to gauge the impact of turning it off.

Works fine for me without Tapatalk.

Comment

I don't use Tapatalk - I access via the website. One problem I ran into in the last few days is I have a VPN on my home network and this site now appears to be blocking VPN's. I had to turn off my VPN to access this site. Never had a problem until a couple days ago.
      Wayne Massey - Central Florida
      BH733
      LSA23
      http://www.mykitlog.com/wlmassey

Comment

I don't use Tapatalk either. Tried it a couple years ago and did not like it.

Comment

I access this forum almost exclusively via tapatalk because I can't stand how the web version works. But it certainly doesn't make sense to go through all the effort to keep it on for one member. I don't have much to say theses days anyway so it's not like ya'll would be missing much, not that anything I write is worth reading😬
          Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

• JimParker256
            JimParker256 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I'll miss you if you're not here any more, though I also keep up with you on the "other" forum...

Can't stand the way Tapatalk works — just find it really annoying. I use the native website on my iPad Mini, and have zero issues with it.
          Jim Parker
          Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
          RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

I use Tapatalk to contribute images because it's a crazy easy to do so. Otherwise I read and contribute text replies through iPad or iPhone.
            Christopher Owens
            Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
            Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
            Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Originally posted by whee View Post
              I access this forum almost exclusively via tapatalk because I can't stand how the web version works. But it certainly doesn't make sense to go through all the effort to keep it on for one member. I don't have much to say theses days anyway so it's not like ya'll would be missing much, not that anything I write is worth reading😬
              I value you input Whee. Here are some follow-up questions if you have time. What kind of device do you use tapatalk on? Is there anything about the web version that bugs you the most? Maybe we could mitigate some of those problems, which are likely annoyances for others too. Also, have you tried it in the past few months? We're constantly installing software updates, which usually bring enhancements, though not always. I recall one big update a while back that really changed the mobile experience.

The problem is that Apple is going to require any app in their store to use https to access web content, which would mean we'd have to buy and implement a dedicated IP and security certificate, etc. So far it seems like only Apple is doing it, which may mean that the other platforms will still work.

Comment

I use Tapatalk quite a bit. Text me if you want to chat about this. SSL is easy to implement. I run BCP full-time SSL (https). It has relevance to stuff other than just Tapatalk.

Z

Comment

Man, my previous posts sounds all whiny and millennial like; I didn't mean it that way. I occasionally check the forum via the website, maybe once a week, and I imagine if tapatalk went away I'd probably check it more often. I wouldn't be going anywhere; this is the best place for BH specific discussion and I enjoy being a part of that.

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post

I value you input Whee. Here are some follow-up questions if you have time. What kind of device do you use tapatalk on? Is there anything about the web version that bugs you the most? Maybe we could mitigate some of those problems, which are likely annoyances for others too. Also, have you tried it in the past few months? We're constantly installing software updates, which usually bring enhancements, though not always. I recall one big update a while back that really changed the mobile experience.

The problem is that Apple is going to require any app in their store to use https to access web content, which would mean we'd have to buy and implement a dedicated IP and security certificate, etc. So far it seems like only Apple is doing it, which may mean that the other platforms will still work.
                  I use my iPhone 5S with tapatalk, almost all my web surfing is done on my phone. I haven't used the website enough in recent months to notice any changes and I honestly can't remember most of the things I didn't like. The one thing I do remember is the lack of a "Timeline" or "Recent topics" search function. Newest to oldest posts is how I view all the forums I use but the "Today's Posts" doesn't seem to organize them like that. If there is a post I want to go back and read but it hasn't been posted on for more than a day it doesn't show up in "Today's Posts" and I likely won't remember which forum is was posted under. I then either give up or use google to search for it.

Like all of you my life is busy and only seems to be getting more so. Lately I don't browse the forums much because I just don't have the time. I setup tapatalk to alert me when a new topic is posted, when someone quotes me and when someone posts in a topic I subscribed to. This makes it much easier to keep up with the forums while taking care of the important things in life.

Sorry about the delayed response, Tapatalk quite working for me yesterday.

Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

I must admit that I'm a huge fan of HBA's "New Posts" feature, which shows me only the posts that have content I haven't read yet. It's vBullettin-powered as well. I wonder if it's a canned feature.
                    Christopher Owens

Comment

I just use this: http://tinyurl.com/bearhawk-latest

Comment

Taptalk exclusively. Haven't been able to acces the bearhawk forum via Taptalk on an Apple iPad for three days?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Moyle View Post
                          Taptalk exclusively. Haven't been able to acces the bearhawk forum via Taptalk on an Apple iPad for three days?
                          That must be the policy change that Jared mentioned I can't log in via Tapatalk via iOS, either.
                          Christopher Owens

Comment

I use Tapatalk to access the forums about 70% of the time, website the other 30%. Since I usually use my phone for photos, I find it easier to make posts via Tapatalk. Like the others, I can no longer log in......presumably due to the change you mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                            X