Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blessing the kit factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blessing the kit factory

In mostly Catholic Mexico, December 12 is celebrated as the day of the Virgen of Guadelupe, patron saint of Mexico. It is a national holiday. We always have a party at the kit factory where we feed the workers and all their families, give them a gift box of food items, sweets for the kids etc. Only twice has a Catholic priest come to "bless the factory" and lead the religious ceremony part of the get together. The first time was when the factory opened, and the second time was this last Saturday.

I am posting about this because of the very nice words the priest used. He told the workers that he understood the convenience and enjoyment of flying an airplane rather than driving. Then he told the workers to always have the safety of the kit customers in mind as they build the kits. He told them that the people buying the kits are trusting them with their safety, and that even though the workers would never know the builders personally that all were children of God and the workers should protect their safety by always being conscientious in their work. And their good work would lead to better things for them and their families. This is actually said to the workers by me every time there. Then he told them to be careful in their work and not get too relaxed so an accident could happen which could injure them. He said these things using many more words very nicely spoken. Actually very surprising and appropriate. We just expected religious ceremony. It was all very well received.

Most at the factory are Catholics with 4 or 5 being Evangelicals of different kinds. These guys usually sit at the back and do not participate in the Catholic ceremony. I sit back there with them.

At the end of the ceremony the priest walked all around the plant with Holy Water dipping a rose bush stem and leaves into the Holy Water and throwing it on the machinery and materials. The guys were joking with me that Holy Water would not cause rust. Then he gathered the workers up close to bless them. The guys looked back to me and requested I join them. So I went up there and got blessed by the priest as well with Holy Water thrown on all of us. First time this Jewish boy has ever been blessed by a Catholic priest. I probably need all the help I can get.

Thought you would enjoy this story as the priest's words to the workers were very impressive. Mark

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Mark, this is very special and inspiring!

Comment

Looks like you've made it "more than just a place to work". Great job!

Comment

Wonderful Mark! Thanks and Amen!

Comment

Very nice Mark. When are you going to start the "Builders' Completion Center" next door?

Comment

Great story Mark, thank you for sharing. That priest knows what's up. Will the kits made from blessed materials be available at the same pricing?
            Thank you for giving us a glimpse into the local culture.
            Mark
            Scratch building Patrol #275
            Hood River, OR

Comment

Hey Mark, being raised a catholic I especially enjoyed your post! I received a blessing 14 yrs. ago when faced with cancer. Still cancer free so there you go. The Citabria I sold also attended a blessing of the planes back in Mich. Not a Catholic blessing, but a blesssing none the less. That plane is still going strong, and way beyond TBO. 😊 Thanks for posting and by the way--HAPPY HANUKKAH!

Comment

Thanks for posting this, Mark! It's a timely reminder that warm words and kind actions are generally a good approach for all of us, regardless of race or religion.

Comment

Nice Mark, thanks for posting that

Comment

HI Mark, enjoyed the story. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thank you for sharing, Mark. Enjoyed.
                      Larry Driver
                      Bearhawk 4-Place Quickbuild N22LD
                      Mogollon Airpark, Overgaard AZ

Comment

Working...
                      X