Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Towbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towbar

Does anyone know offhand if a towbar for a Scott 3200 will work on the Bearhawk tailwheel? I moved into a different hangar today due to door issues on the one I was in and the new hangar is uphill into the hangar so its time for a tow bar. Spruce has them for $68 for a basic towbar for the Scott 3200.
    Rollie VanDorn
    Findlay, OH
    Patrol Quick Build

You might have to be the test pilot!

Comment

Scott bolts are 3/4”, if memory serves. What holds the BH tailwheel together?
      Christopher Owens
      Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
      Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
      Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

The axle bolts on the BH tailwheel are 9/16" so I ordered the Deluxe towbar for Cessna from Spruce. The description says it goes on the 5/8" lugs on the nose wheel of a Cessna. It showed up at my house today and I tried it out. It fits just right. I left a quick review on Aircraft Spruce, just saying that it fits Bearhawk tailwheels.
        Rollie VanDorn
        Findlay, OH
        Patrol Quick Build

Comment

• JimParker256
          JimParker256 commented
          Editing a comment
          Rollie, could you post the ACS part number? I can't find one with your review attached...

I need to,look into that type of towbar. The one I have is similar to this one. It doesn’t fold up, so can’t take it with me in the plane, and it doesn’t work when the Tail Ski is on.

D6E01A95-C564-44AD-A7CF-716C19511924.jpeg
        Christopher Owens
        Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
        Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
        Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Part # 13-01540 from Aircraft Spruce is the one I got and it works well. Good idea Jim, I didn't think to post the part number before.
          Rollie VanDorn
          Findlay, OH
          Patrol Quick Build

Comment

Just a thought... I used the "Bogi-Bar" type on my Grumman, and found it FAR more 'stable' when it was on the wheel nuts. The "spring type" (like the Cessna bar Rollie is using) had a tendency to pull off when under side load. The Bogi-Bar uses a much firmer spring, and a "lock-open" design for fitting. To me, it was easier to get on and off, and stayed put once it was on. I've written to them for confirmation as to which model would fit the 5/8" axle and nut. Should hear back soon.
            Jim Parker
            Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
            RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Working...
            X