Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B Model - Rear Seat Belt Attachment Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B Model - Rear Seat Belt Attachment Points

Those of you building a 4 Place B Model, where are you attaching your rear seat belts? I have attachment points for the front seats, not seeing anything for the rear bench seat. I will be using 4 point harnesses.
    Rob Caldwell
    Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
    EAA Chapter 309
    Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
    YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
    1st Flight May 18, 2021

The seat belts attach to the seat. There is an alternative in that there is a horizontal bushing in a tubing cluster right there where you could attach the seat belt "outside" part. The inboard would still attach to the seat. Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Goldberg View Post
      The seat belts attach to the seat. There is an alternative in that there is a horizontal bushing in a tubing cluster right there where you could attach the seat belt "outside" part. The inboard would still attach to the seat. Mark
      Excellent! Thanks, Mark!
      Rob Caldwell
      Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
      EAA Chapter 309
      Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
      YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
      1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Beware of any bolts in the clusters which come anywhere near the exterior fabric.
        The fabric will drum and wear small holes, so you need to cover the end of any such bolt with anti-chafe tape to avoid this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Battson View Post
          Beware of any bolts in the clusters which come anywhere near the exterior fabric.
          The fabric will drum and wear small holes, so you need to cover the end of any such bolt with anti-chafe tape to avoid this problem.
          For both the front and rear seat belts, I threaded the bushings for the bolts, so nothing protudes to the outside of the fuselage. Of course this is much easier if you are building your own fuselage.

Comment

Working...
          X