Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new suggestions for instrument panel labeling???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new suggestions for instrument panel labeling???

Instr Panel Final Version (1).JPG
    I was wondering if there might be some new (or old) suggestions for instrument panel labels??

Took two cycles, but now happy with how instrument panel came out. Thinking about best way to label. Old standby method is Brother label maker with clear tape, black ink.
    Thanks too much,
    John Bickham

Los Lunas, NM Mid Valley Airpark E98
    BH Plans #1117
    Avipro wings/Scratch
    http://www.mykitlog.com/users/index....er&project=882

That looks great John! I really like the individual panels. If you can find someone with a vinyl cutter, making the custom labels is pretty easy. My daughter-in-law has a cutter and made mine. My only note of caution is to be aware that difficulty encountered in applying the vinyl transfers is inversely related to the size of the lettering! Smaller figures are more difficult to handle than slightly larger ones. Because your switches and breakers appear to be lined up pretty straight, you could do the layouts and cut the lettering 'per panel'. It would look really nice!

Looking great!

Bill

Comment

Fantastic looking panel!

Bill's suggestion on using a vinyl cutter is what we did. We had to use tiny letters so it was a pain but I like how it looks. We also used glow in the dark vinyl which I think is kinda cool looking but I don't know if it is actually effective.

Bigger letters and regular vinyl would have been easier and thus even better looking.

EDIT: Here is a pic that shows some of my panel. The small letters and glow-in-the-dark vinyl caused the letters to not stick to the transfer tape very well. Some of the letters had to be place individually thus some crooked letters. So, mine is not the best example but it gives the general idea. Options are almost endless with a vinyl cutter.

61966537_10217055489206730_3847594195254509568_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQmil_Po4VDyxmXINLGtgtJQEIBx1ZP42v-QBHOoAXkhkBPOl4co91JH85EnQTSl8xw&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=d86020f429834d1ac9e9fb94b11fe48c&oe=5E63CA86.jpg
      Attached Files
      Last edited by whee; 10-30-2019, 04:44 PM.
      Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Thanks. The thought behind the individual panels is to only need to access the problem at hand! Not the whole panel.

Appreciate the recommendations on the vinyl cutter. Just so happens while I have been spending significant resources (time and money) on the Bearhawk, my wife has been also been investing time and money in a craft room. Fair is fair, right? I think there is a vinyl cutter in there!!!

So now I'll have to start negotiations on level with the China trade talks to gain access to the vinyl cutter. Keep hope alive!!!

Come visit!!!

Whee, your on my list once I get the Bearhawk flying and become proficient. We are sorta in the same neighborhood with Utah in the middle.
        Thanks too much,
        John Bickham

Los Lunas, NM Mid Valley Airpark E98
        BH Plans #1117
        Avipro wings/Scratch
        http://www.mykitlog.com/users/index....er&project=882

Comment

• whee
          whee commented
          Editing a comment
          Perhaps convincing her to make the labels for you will be more successful. Might only cost you a date night! I dropped off an idea to my mom and the next day she had them made and ready to go. Those Cricut things are pretty cool...but I have no idea how to use one.

Meeting up in S Utah would be awesome! I try to get down there in the spring and fall and hopefully next year at least one of those trips will be via Bearhawk.

• JimParker256
          JimParker256 commented
          Editing a comment
          Like Whee, I would suggest that the odds are better for "outsourcing" than for "borrowing the tools"... Besides, that way she becomes invested in the build.
          (I'm rehearsing the speech for asking my wife to make my seats... Not anticipating that it's going to go real well, since she doesn't really "like" to sew – she just does it out of necessity.)

I went to a small local sign writing shop. They had the professional label printing gear I needed and were interested in small jobs. The big businesses were not interested in a job only in the tens of dollars .

Comment

AeroGraphics is awesome to deal with. Tell them what you want, color, size, font, etc and they'll email a draft, adjust as you go. Very reasonable and professional results.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Aircraft Engravers in Granby CT. does a great job.
            Aircraft Engravers has been engraving quality work since 1989. For aircraft, marine, manufacturing, signage and other engraving needs.

No pics for reasons unknown!

Comment

Working...
            X