Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100LL Fuel stain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100LL Fuel stain

Anyone might know how to get a Blue fuel stain out of fabric? The lineman must have over filled the tank without me noticing and today I found blue fuel stains on the Flap which I have not been able to get out so I thought maybe someone might have a secret out there??

What covering process was used?

Comment

If it's on the outside of a Polytone paint, you can remove it only by acting quickly, you need to use a thinner (more fuel if needs be) to remove the outer layer of paint. You can re-spray if needs be.

Once the dye penetrates into the silver / filler, and ultimately the fabric, then you have a big job on your hands.

After a few years or more, the dye will turn light brown.

Comment

Naphtha will do it without damaging the fabric/paint if you get on it asap.

But always try a spot you won't see first.

Comment

I have had success hand buffing with light staining.

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas.....I will try and let you know how I made out!!

Comment

Well, just thought I would let everyone know that I found something to take out the fuel stains in the fabric. I tried everything on this site and also went on Supercub.org and tried all of their suggestions to no avail. I looked everywhere for a product and went on many websites and I happened to be in Menard';s and found a spray product called Pen, Ink, & Marker STAIN Remover Motsenbockers Liftoff. It says on the bottle "breaks the molecular bond between ink and surface." Water based, Biodegradable. I sprayed this product on and in about 15 minutes of rubbing it on, I am 100% free of the fuel stains. these stains were on for about 2 weeks or longer before I noticed them. I hope this helps. I am so happy!!!

Comment

That's the stuff!!!

Comment

Working...
              X