Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corner Nutplate source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corner Nutplate source?

I’m installing the many nut plates around the perimeter of the fuel tank covers on my Patrol. I have encountered an issue with mounting them in the corners of the cavity. In my QB wings, the screw holes for the nutplates are so close to the corners that the rivet holes can’t be drilled within edge tolerances.

I have been unable to find 6-32 corner nutplates from any of the usual sources. ACS and Wicks have none, for example. I can probably use nutplates with a single arm in some places, but I would like to find 8 corner nutplates, 6-32 size. Any leads appreciated. Thanks. P.B.

PB, a quick search online provides some results. Monroe, Spencer, Stein, etc.. Stein runs high prices typically but you can see who has what in stock.

Might want to check with General AC Hardware first.

...the other pb

Comment

I have bought stuff from nutplates.com with good luck. Unfortunateluy 50 dollar order minimum. I have too many Aluminum nut plates than I need for my remote compass if anybody needs any.

Comment

• svyolo
        svyolo commented
        Editing a comment
        The kit tabs between F and G are thicker than .032 but also smaller. I used corner #8 nut plates as normal ones wouldn't fit on the smaller tabs.

My apologies Pat. I used one lug anchor nuts on the corners mounted along the rib flange.
      Steve

Comment

• Pbruce
        Pbruce commented
        Editing a comment
        Super. I think that might work, and from this forum, Greg is very generously looking in his hangar for me!

Steve, thanks for hosting us for a tour of your BEAUTIFUL scratch-built Patrol. Just a stunning build! I looked so good sitting in it! Seeing your plane resolved about a hundred questions and lit a fire under me at the same time. I hope the bumps have subsided so you can continue your flight testing and break-in. It’s a serious problem when your plane just goes too darn fast!😜

BandBaircraftsupplies.com They stock about every nutplate imaginable, and the prices are reasonable.

Comment

• Bcone1381
        Bcone1381 commented
        Editing a comment
        BandB has good prices on AN fittings too.

• Pbruce
        Pbruce commented
        Editing a comment
        Im new at this and had not heard of them. Thanks for the point out on a big source. Will check them out. Hopefully they ship to Canada. I should have mentioned that element. Monroe for instance, seems to ship only to US.

I have a bunch of corner #6 nut plates that wound up unneeded. Message me if you are having trouble finding them, might be able to help.
      Almost flying!

Comment

Working...
      X