Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passing of Wayne Giles & wife in South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing of Wayne Giles & wife in South Africa

Several weeks ago our distributor and friend Wayne Giles and his wife were killed in a home invasion robbery in South Africa. So the bad guys could steal a couple laptops and cell phones. I didn't mention it here on the forum before now as I am not good at coming up with words for such a sad situation. Today I received an email from Wayne's friend Karl who did the test flying on Wayne's Patrol & LSA. Here is Karl's tribute to Wayne and his wife. Mark

What a senseless tragedy, and a huge loss to their family and friends. Wayne was a great guy, gone way too soon...
    Jim Parker
    Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
    RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends. What an incredibly difficult time for their children.
      Scott Ahrens
      Bearhawk Patrol Plans Built

Comment

Wow. Not sure what to say.
        Fair winds.

Comment

Its sad to loose another friend to the violence in our country, it never makes sense, they will be missed.

Comment

I was fortunate enough to meet Wayne and spend some time with him at '08 & '09 Oshkosh. Emailed back and forth with him several times. What a great guy and talented BH builder. So sad this happened. Wayne will be greatly missed.
            Rob Caldwell
            Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
            EAA Chapter 309
            Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
            YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
            1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

For about 4 years having a picture of his ZU-BHP on the wall of my office to inspire me to building. I was terrified with the news... RIP Wayne and Janique...
              Patrol #314(scratch building)
              Moscow, Russia

Comment

What a senseless and terrible loss. My heart is with the family and I hope justice is fast and true.

Comment

So sorry for their loss to family, friends, and the aviation community. That was a lovely tribute, fair winds and following seas.

Comment

I met Wayne at Oshkosh and will always remember Wayne as someone I wish had a hangar next to. I would look for him in the Bearhawk Booth in the subsequent years after our first introduction. His words were always carefully chosen and had experience behind them. His character and words and advice were not speculative as in "I wonder..." rather was "do this" or "This works" type of advice. Very approachable and willing to share but he never boasted. Yet what he did was something to be proud of.

I also met his son there, and think of his loss. They were close and had a shared interest inexperimental aviation.
                    Brooks Cone
                    Southeast Michigan
                    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Working...
                    X