Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Model 5 Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 5 Plans

Is there any time line as to when full set of plans may be available for purchase similarly to being able to purchase plans for the other models offered. Thanks Bearhawk Team and forum.

All the plans for the other models are available from Bob. The Model 5 plans are 30-60 days out. Mark

Comment

Is there any update on when the plans might be available? (I may have missed it?)

Comment

According to the email I received when I contacted Bob at the beginning of the month, he was estimating they would be ready January to February. I’m waiting and watching for them to become available too.

Comment

I would be surprised if you couldn't start on ribs and such. Maybe ask to buy a couple of the wing plan pages that are common the the B model?

Comment

Full wing plans are available, I have a set of BH5 plans. Call Bob, he is a super easy person to talk to.

Comment

Thanks for that info. I will contact him tomorrow.

Comment

The 5 seems to offer even more opportunity for bladder tanks. Dream is to fly from NZ to Australia, the additional gross will help.

Comment

• Sir Newton
                  Sir Newton commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ya man! In my circle of friends there's a big debate whether or not I should put in auxiliary tanks as per plans. However an old silverback told me that I should look into fuel bladders for the wing tanks. I'm totally following his guidance this guy has forgotten more than I know.
                  Last edited by Sir Newton; 11-10-2020, 11:44 AM. Reason: Spelling & grammar corrections.

• JimParker256
                  JimParker256 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I could be wrong, but I believe Island_Moose was referring to bladder tanks in the fuselage for long-distance ferrying, etc. After listening to all the nightmares folks have had with fuel bladders in wing tanks over the years, there is no way I'd go that route... But to each his own...

Island_Moose. Just sent Bob a question on this as I have a similar mission (just the other way!).

Comment

Working...
                X