Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid question about kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question about kits

What's the difference between the basic fuselage and the quickbuild fuselage?

My guess is the basic is just a bunch pipes that need to be cut and welded but that doesn't seem right for some reason.
    I believe the quickbuild is a fully completed fuselage.

Generally the basic kits have the main structure welded but unpainted. Quick builds have all the welding done.
    I think. The factory website has pretty good descriptions of each kit and options...I would start there.
    Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Comment

My QB fuselage came fully welded, primed, and painted. I cannot speak to the basic fuselage

Comment

If you have questions about the kits we offer, best to contact me directly instead of inquiring here on the forum. My email is N95MF@hotmail.com.

I am down at the kit factory working this week. So at times slower than usual responding to inquiries. Mark

Comment

• bkyser
          bkyser commented
          Editing a comment
          Why not answer such questions publicly on the forum where everyone can have the benefit of your answer instead of answering the same question via email over and over?

• Bcone1381
          Bcone1381 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mark Invites you to call/email him. I'm guessing you will be blessed if you overcome any barrier that prevents. When I bought my kit, I had no idea that Mark would become a friend and guide who knows me by first name, recognize me in a public space and reach out for a chat. Its a blessing to be able to call the factory owner and not go through a phone menu. 80% of the time Mark answers. The other 20% he returns my call asap. Marks salesmanship style is low pressure and very helpful. He is with us before and after the sale.

• kestrel
          kestrel commented
          Editing a comment
          One of the things that bugs me about "comments" is that I can't give them a thumbs up and other things that can be done with replies. So, this is a thumbs up to Bcone1381 s comment about Marks support!

mswain can tell you about his experience with a basic fuselage. I can't remember what it had and didn't have as far as the landing gear and wing attachments, but I don't think it had any tabs, stringer attachments, and that sort of thing. My takeaway from Mark's offerings is that there's a linear relationship between the price that he gives and the work that he saves. If you get the impression the basic fuselage is n-dollars cheaper than the QB fuselage, I think you'll find it has n-more work that needs to be done. If you were planning a build that was far of from "the usual" such that the factory tabs and stringers weren't going to help anyway, perhaps it would be worth it, but otherwise, I doubt you're saving much by not going with the QB fuselage.

Comment

• rodsmith
          rodsmith commented
          Editing a comment
          My experience scratch building a fuselage was that fabricating and accurately locating wing and landing gear fittings, stringer standoffs and a bewildering number of tabs was more time than cutting, fitting, welding the basic fuselage frame.

Just to add that the factory welds are "works of art" in my view. Simply amazing quality! The factory team is REALLY good at what they do!
        Jim Parker
        Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
        RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Working...
        X