Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cargo Door Windows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cargo Door Windows.

Question about the Cargo Door Windows. What is the assembly process for the Door Skins and Windows. Do you install the Acrylic in the frame then pop rivet it to the skin and then the skin to the door? If you install the frame and skin to the door with out the Acrylic I don't see how you will get it installed.
    Thanks
    Travis
    Travis M
    Kentucky
    Bearhawk 5 Quickbuilt Kit Plane #5041
    Received December 2022

For my back seat door (no window in the cargo door) I cut a window shaped hole sized down to act as the outer frame. Then predrilled the actual inside frame halves to the skin. Then painted and assembled the door and skin etc. Then placed the acrylic on the door skin and riveted the inside frame to the skin around the acrylic.
    Almost flying!

Comment

Colby Osborn (from Nebraska, USA) is also building a Model 5, and on his most excellent YouTube channel, he has two videos that might be of help:

In this video we show several of the little things we needed to finish up on our Bearhawk Model Five fuselage. This includes the cargo doors, skylights, rear...

In this video we show covering the interior of our Bearhawk Model Five with Oratex. We liked the idea of using something light, easy to install, easy to repa...

Comment

Colby has some great videos. I watched them regularly to refresh my memory. Unfortunately I couldn't find the answer in the videos.
        Thanks
        Travis M
        Kentucky
        Received December 2022

Comment

Originally posted by AKKen07 View Post
          For my back seat door (no window in the cargo door) I cut a window shaped hole sized down to act as the outer frame. Then predrilled the actual inside frame halves to the skin. Then painted and assembled the door and skin etc. Then placed the acrylic on the door skin and riveted the inside frame to the skin around the acrylic.
          I did it in this order too.
          Nev Bailey
          Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
          YouTube - Build and flying channel
          Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

Nev and AKKen07​ Thanks after reading it a few times I understand what you did. I think that answer my question. Thank you
            Travis M
            Kentucky
            Received December 2022

Comment

Working...
            X