Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N907PM - Ready for the First Flight and a New Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N907PM - Ready for the First Flight and a New Chapter

It's the end of a very, very long road (4269.2 kitlog hours) , and the beginning of a new chapter in my BH build. My AWC was awarded on Wednesday, but afterward I still had to put everything back together and fit some bits and pieces here and there before the first flight could take place. The owner of the hangar that I was working out of was very, very generous (part 135 operator) and I am very grateful for his support. Today marked the end of week two in his hangar. I didn't want to overstay my welcome, so today was the day to take N907PM out into the wild and join the rest of the general aviation population on the ramp at the Soldotna Airport. I won't do my test flight until I get some TW refresher training. Patience is a virtue in this case!

Anyway, I first want to thank my cheerleaders in this project, of which there are many. The main cheerleader is my wife. Without her backing me up there would be no airplane, even though she isn't really interested in aviation. I don't want to list the people that come to mind right away and take the risk omitting someone. But I will mention one in particular who pretty much everyone knows and deserves credit for keeping Bearhawk Aircraft alive over the years and that is Mark Goldberg. Mark has been in my corner since day one and his incredible generosity, support and friendship over the years has meant lot to me and my family. Thanks Mark...for everything!

So, as to not to get too mushy...stay with it. Do something every day, even if it's just sweeping the shop floor or dusting off boxes of parts that have been sitting on a shelf. Eventually all the little projects will come together and the whole will be greater than the sum of the parts.

20240426_135411.jpg 20240426_131943.jpg 20240426_144753.jpg 20240426_144851.jpg 20240426_144828.jpg 20240426_144810.jpg

Congratulations! What a magnificent looking machine and a very nice looking panel too. I look forward to hearing how it flies.

Comment

Congratulations!! That’s a huge accomplishment and a beautiful plane too.

Comment

Well done. Very exciting! Congratulations. Can’t want to hear your next chapter as you start flying and posting photos and videos of your flying in Alaska like Nev in NZ.
        John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

WAY TO GO! And Congrats!

Let the fun begin
          N678C
          https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
          Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

Beautiful aircraft Paul. In about 10 years, I hope to find myself in the same place.
            All the same, you have been an inspiration for myself, and I am sure many others here on the forum since you have always been willing to share information, tools, and tips on how you did a particular task.
            I look forward to your report on how N907PM flies.
            Bill Duncan
            Troy, Idaho
            Bearhawk Five Scratchbuild - Plans #5053
            N53BD - reserved
            Builders-Log

Comment

Congratulations. Beautiful airplane. Thanks for all of your valuable insight that you share on the forum to help others engaged in the building process. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Comment

Beautiful, inside and out! You must be proud.

Comment

Well you beat me. So happy for you Paul. Gorgeous airplane. Good luck with first flights, I know it will fly well.

Comment

Great looking airplane - good luck with the first flight !
                    Nev Bailey
                    Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
                    YouTube - Build and flying channel
                    Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

It’s a great looking plane, alaskabearhawk! Your videos have been a large inspiration and I look forward to your flight test reports.

Comment

Congrats. Looks great.
                        Travis M
                        Kentucky
                        Bearhawk 5 Quickbuilt Kit Plane #5041
                        Received December 2022

Comment

That's fantastic! Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations! That's a beautiful airplane!

Comment

Gorgeous. Can’t wait to see the first flight video!

Comment

Working...
                              X