Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any new developments on small factory parts coming available ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any new developments on small factory parts coming available ?

just wondered if anything was happening there--- or if a new web page was available------ (for parts)

Tim

Tim, unless there is one going, this may be a good place for a list to start of any small parts that builders would like to have available for over the counter purchase.

Peter

Comment

I think most of these have been mentioned before, not sure if all of them are feasible to create and ship, but:
      • windshield fairings
        • maybe these are better off custom molded to each airplane but maybe the kits are uniform enough to sell these
      • Wingtips
      • Carbon Fiber floorboards
      • Trim strip for panel glareshield
        • doesn't even need to be cut to size but just a hey buy this and it will save you research time)
      • Firewall fwd kit?
        • or maybe its just go to vans for that and add on a firewall blanket too?
      • if nosebowls/wingtips/leading edges are going to stay the same, par 36 light mounting solution for each?
      • baggage bulk head made out of whatever the best material is with a big ass logo already on it
        • or maybe just standard vinyl tail art/bulk head art already sized for the application
        • same for quarter panel decals
      • come up with a slick baggage tie down solution and sell it (I've been thinking about ideas on this for quite awhile)
      • aftermarket shock replacement kit (partnering with whoever would make it)
      Maybe all of these are bad business ideas but they are what sprung to mind of 'i wish i could just buy that'

Comment

I would like a factory seat upholstery option, with logo.

Comment

Originally posted by svyolo View Post
          I would like a factory seat upholstery option, with logo.
          Virgil had factory seats at Oshkosh and I have to say I was drooling when I saw them. Very nice. If I was to build again I would definitely be getting them.
          Nev Bailey
          Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
          YouTube - Build and flying channel
          Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

One piece wing spar capstrip/spacer bar machined parts. Even better with pilot holes. This is very doable and would save scratch builders a lot of time. The one piece capstrip/spacer bar parts would make the spars easy to build with a significant reduction in parts count.

Comment

If the 4 place kits don't already have it, insertable fairleads under the back seat mounts, or fairleads welded to the seats themselves to guide the rudder wires. I made insertable ones that go under the threaded mounts, and capture the fuselage tubing so they can't rotate. The fairlead tube is cut lengthwise (>1/8") so that the cable can be inserted or removed.

RV4 (maybe others also) fuel tank vents to allow cross venting between fuel tanks. Also keep the vented caps. My understanding is the RV4 has tubes from in thboard end of the tank, to the outboard end of the tank. The inboard ends can be tied together for cross-venting.
              Last edited by svyolo; 10-09-2024, 07:34 PM.

Comment

In 2017 Mark carried an engine mount product that I installed, fit, and was a good price compared with Lord or Barry options. I also got my oil cooler from Mark, Prop, Prop Governor.

I'd have the Factory complete a wing, keep it in stock then have it for sale in OK. A ground loop damage is often the wing. Maybe we could get lower insurance rates if common parts at know prices were available to remove some unknowns.
                Brooks Cone
                Southeast Michigan
                Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• alaskabearhawk
                  alaskabearhawk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Landing gear legs and struts might come in handy too.

I was thinking of just the parts that they used to have on the parts page before the sale of the company.
                steel ribs for the tail--- the wing strut ends--- maybe partial tubing kits--- just some of the parts that used to be available.....

Comment

Working...
                X