Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4-place Builders with Continentals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My core engine is enroute. Should arrive early next week.
    Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Leaving us hanging...what did you end up getting?

Comment

TCM IO360-D. Comes with 172 mount, exhaust and baffling. Should be able to figure out how to make it work with all that stuff included.

Comment

Sounds good, it's great when some of the unknowns are getting defined. Sure felt good when I got my O-320 for O-340 core and new Catto prop. It will be interesting to see how the 172 mount adaptation works out, please keep us posted on that aspect.

Comment

Very interested to see how this performs, Whee. Great choice...
            We share a hanger with a 172 XP with this engine, which I fly from time to time. It sure has plenty of power, and sounds great during all flight regimes with that exhaust system - she purrs like a big lazy cat when it taxi back in, and roars when you open it up.

Comment

Thanks Battson. I've had countless people tell me I'm an idiot for doing this and only a couple say they think it will be awesome. Guess we'll see.

Working on a deal for a 80" C203 mccauly prop. Really wanted a 82" but this 80" might be too good of a deal to pass up.

Comment

You'll not hear that from me Looking forward to seeing it progress!
                Christopher Owens
                Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
                Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
                Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Prove them wrong, and start a new trend, Whee!
                  Brooks Cone
                  Southeast Michigan
                  Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Originally posted by Chris In Marshfield View Post
                    You'll not hear that from me Looking forward to seeing it progress!
                    If you want to watch my progress, which has been very slow lately, you better look on backcountrypilot.org

Originally posted by Bcone1381 View Post
                    Prove them wrong, and start a new trend, Whee!
                    Don't know about starting a trend but I aim to prove them wrong

Comment

Weighed the engine, 452lbs. Google tells me a pallet weighs 30-70lbs and I had a few feet of chain on there. I'm figuring 420lbs as it sits. The engine mount is too short by 4" and sits a couple inches too wide. The modifications to the mount shouldn't add any significant weight.

Untitled by Jon Whee, on Flickr

Comment

Hi from New Zealand. I determined to push my project along over the next 6 months and complete it at worst by mid next year.

I am in the process of looking at engine mount design for a Continental 0-470. I see others have addressed this issue and there has been discussion regarding engine mount pictures. Can anyone provide helpful information please. Plans 005

Comment

Originally posted by jdug View Post
                          Hi from New Zealand. I determined to push my project along over the next 6 months and complete it at worst by mid next year.

I am in the process of looking at engine mount design for a Continental 0-470. I see others have addressed this issue and there has been discussion regarding engine mount pictures. Can anyone provide helpful information please. Plans 005
                          My recommendation would be to call Bearhawk Aircraft and talk to Mark about their O470 mount. Sorry I'm not any real help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdug View Post

Hi John,

Great to see you on this forum and that work is continuing on BH 005. I tried to contact you when we started our project, but without success. I know the history of your build.

Best of luck with the motor mount, and yes you can buy them from Bearhawk aircraft - see here: http://bearhawkaircraft.com/estore/estoreMain_m.html
                            Cont. O-470 motor mount painted
                            $847.21 + $35 S&H

Let me know if you ever need any help with anything,

Jonathan B

Comment

• jdug
                              jdug commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hi Battson. Thanks for your encouragement. I am really going to make a push to complete as I have more time available.Feel free to make contact . On a mission to sort the engine mount as the configuration is a bit different from other Continental 0-470's. If you happen to have contact details for Robert440 that would be helpful He has the same model engine ie 13A.
                          Working...
                          X