Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stinger's LSA First Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinger's LSA First Flight

stinger flew his plans built LSA today! Congrats.

Congratulations Stinger. Your LSA looks great. When appropriate - let us know how she flies. Mark

Comment

Mike, you have all the makings of a Beartracks article here!

Comment

Awesome feeling, isn't it!

Comment

Outstanding Jerry! Absolutely outstanding! !

Comment

There's nothing like that first liftoff! Congratulations!!

Bill

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Very nice! Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations!!! Stinger

Comment

Congrats!! Your plane is awesome, enjoy!!

Comment

Congrats! How long was the flight?
                      Mark
                      Scratch building Patrol #275
                      Hood River, OR

Comment

Great!! Happy for you! Looking forward to when I can experience that feeling.

Comment

Nice job Jerry! When you're ready to venture out fly on down to my place I'd love to see you fly in here!
                          Wayne Massey - Central Florida
                          BH733
                          LSA23
                          http://www.mykitlog.com/wlmassey

Comment

What was the final weight of your build? I'm am in the very early stages of planing my scratch build and trying to figure out what components I want to use.

Comment

Thanks to all, Li'l Bear is heavy (900 lbs) however she jumps off the ground. As many of you know I built the aircraft as a utility plane. I have heat at both seats, rudder pedals and brakes for both seats. I intended the aircraft to be a trainer. Upon the first take-off I did not look at any instruments. I looked straight down the runway not knowing where she would go as I have trees on both sides. I applied the power slowly, I was airborne, you might say "I was behind the power curve". once reaching 3000 ft checking the instruments the oil pressure and temperature were well in range. I do not have an oil cooler, I built the aircraft with the old fashion air scoop, cooling the oil tank. At altitude I felt a little heavy right wing. I also attempted a power off stall trying to determine my landing speed, however, with very little power she would not drop her nose. Monitoring the VSI and altimeter I also saw no altitude loss. I tried this twice and gave up. Flew around for about 45 min. and brought her in to check for leaks. My wife said: "did you intend to do that wheel landing?". My response was to put her in the ground. I fixed the heavy rt. wing with one washer under each Lt aileron bracket . Upon later flights I experience a slight pitch problem thus I lowered the Horz. stab. with two washers on each side. The std 0-200 with a wood 72x44 pitch worked well 2400 rpm on take off and flying level full throttle 2700 rpm as of now I have 10 hrs. Yes, any first flight is a thrill . I have had a few, so don't get upset if it's not a whoopi for me . Thanks Stinger
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X