Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Moyle View Post
    ...and the rest of the story....my mom would not allow me to leave home until I had learned to cook, manage my money and sew..... I actually made my sons clothing until he was four...
    A very wise woman!

Comment

Very impressive Mark. I was sure those were made by a professional shop. My mom taught me how to cook, manage my money, but sewing was skipped ....too bad.
      Mike.

Comment

Nicely done Mark.

Comment

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My fuselage and wings are now out for cover and paint. I finally decided to just paint the interior of the fabric, etc with the same color grey as the tubing. That should be light and serviceable until I decide on a more sophisticated way to do it. Maybe I'll use the Kydex, but I would like to find out more first. Bob

Comment

Bob, I have installed Kydex in my LSA . I like the ease of working with it. Stinger

Comment

I know this is the LSA forum but the original question applies to all of us so I thought I'd tag on here.

I'm planning ahead for my interior plans and am thinking about what I will use. What I'd like to do is glue 1/4" Selkirk foam to the inside of the fabric. I'll have no headliner or side panels, just the 1/4" foam on the top and sides. Anyone have any experience with gluing stuff to the inside of their fabric?
                Last edited by whee; 06-05-2016, 10:43 PM.
                Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

• tailwind
                  tailwind commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You have seen the plane. I used a poly fiber interior with foam glued to the outside of the interior then I covered the outside of the airframe. What I found was that the 3M glue dis colored the finish on the polytone. The addition of another coat of color solved the problem. I did it to reduce noise and heat loss in winter. I found that a bigger problem is sealing the little air leaks.

Tailwind, I don't remember if I have seen your plane but thanks for sharing your experience. Based on what you did it seems like gluing the foam to the exterior fabric should work fine. I need some sort of protection for the exterior fabric so passengers and gear don't poke holes in it. Foam would protect the fabric, add insulation for both heat and noise and I think I'd like how it would look.
                Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Working...
                X