Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The State of the the Patrol Fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plans build p284:

I have finished forming all ribs. I also have my wing spars and flap C channels bent. Starting on 10 foot table needed for finishing spars. Also, need to get cap strip material. I have watched John Snapp's youtube and have followed along that way. I also follow Desert Bearhawk on youtube since the 4 place uses similar construction.

Also started welding wing hinges.

p.s.
    I am worried that N3UW is moving from Denver to the Seattle to increase distance from me.

Austin Texas
    stan timmerman
    Stan
    Austin Tx

Comment

Scratch building P254. Finished nose and center ribs, working on spars.

Doug
      Scratch building Patrol #254

Comment

John/N3UW, I think that's a move in the right direction.
        Mark
        Scratch building Patrol #275
        Hood River, OR

Comment

I just found this list that seems to be composed of publicly available information:

Comment

Originally posted by sjt View Post
            plans build p284:

I have finished forming all ribs. I also have my wing spars and flap C channels bent. Starting on 10 foot table needed for finishing spars. Also, need to get cap strip material. I have watched John Snapp's youtube and have followed along that way. I also follow Desert Bearhawk on youtube since the 4 place uses similar construction.

Also started welding wing hinges.

p.s.
            I am worried that N3UW is moving from Denver to the Seattle to increase distance from me.

Austin Texas
            stan timmerman
            HAHA. Just saw this. We are originally from Seattle and had always planned to move back. I made my wife move to Denver for my job. She decided to go back to school and I promised her that when she graduated, we could move back to the North West. She graduated in May and is now a Dentist and we are moving back West of Seattle to the Kitsap area to run a practice she just bought there. I will be a remote employee for my existing company. The PNW Bearhawk group is growing. You should think about the Pacific North West!!!
            John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

Patrol #30 is being built in Edgewood, WA. Main spars ready for paint and fastening, should finish them in a month or so. The rear spars should be easy by comparison, then final wing assembly. Will probably go with factory welded fuselage, 0-320/fixed pitch. polished wings and minimum equipment. The only place I may overdo it is the seats and I'll need a good cabin heater. It's been a fun build so far.
              Cheers
              Gerry
              Patrol #30

Comment

I like your thinking Gerry, sounds almost exactly what I'd like to do.
                Mark
                Mark
                Scratch building Patrol #275
                Hood River, OR

Comment

Mark and Gerry,

I am leaning the same direction as you two. What kind of empty weight do you think one might have with a basic setup like that?
                  Brooks Cone
                  Southeast Michigan
                  Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Just starting on a QB Patrol. Prepping the airplane factory, ordering tools, and placing the order for the fuselage kit and main gear from Mark (Avipro) today, along with the tail wheel from Eric. Let the fun begin!
                    Jim Parker
                    Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
                    RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

This thread prompted me to do a head count of the Patrols flying. I count 14. One in South Africa, one in Russia, and one in Canada. The rest in the USA. 8 from our kit, 6 scratch built. Mark

Comment

Mark, the FAA Aircraft Registry has 11 aircraft listed with a model name of Bearhawk Patrol. Bob's is the 12th registered in the U.S. With the Modle Name simply as Bearhawk. There is one more that I suspect is a brethren with a Modle Name simply as Patrol; FAA says the builder's last name is Pewtress. So I count one, maybe two more.

Can you share how many Patrol kits were sold? Do you see interest in this Modle increasing? What trends are you seeing?
                        Brooks Cone
                        Southeast Michigan
                        Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
                          Mark Goldberg commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What I will say is that this year we have sold more Patrols than LSA's and 4 place Bearhawks combined. But it wasn't like that last year and it might change tomorrow. No rhyme or reason for these things. Mark
                      Working...
                      X