Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C-FYMR O-540 Catto prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done, inspirational

Comment

What a stunning paint job. Interior looks great too. You've cut no corners there! Well done, that obviously took a huge amount of work.

What empty weight did you come out at?

I would be interested to know what cruise speeds you are seeing with the fixed pitch prop, for a given power setting.

Comment

Thank you all !!!

I went to the hangar today and did a complete FWF inspection. No leak. Everything intact. Oil level went down by less than 0.5 qtr. Some oil drops on the floor, right underneath the breather tube. I guess some of the 0.5 qt went overboard during the flight...
        I`ve added pieces of aluminum tape to my two front cylinders. They ran much cooler than the 4 other ones. Need to fab some sort of a cover plate to block some of the air to the oil cooler. My oil temp never exceeded 165, and that was at high power setting.
        Days are getting much colder these days...need to winterize the engine, and also the cockpit (lots of air draft)

Originally posted by rodsmith View Post
        Absolutely beautiful! I really like your doors, do you plan to put it on floats?
        Yes, that`s the plan...likely amphib, but that's another project...

What pitch is your prop?
        84'' diameter, 58'' pitch

You guys have to see this airplane in person. It is beautiful. The workmanship is just awesome.

Mark G. you need to get Michel to show this airplane at your Osh booth
        Thank you Mark...

What a stunning paint job. Interior looks great too. You've cut no corners there! Well done, that obviously took a huge amount of work.

What empty weight did you come out at?

I would be interested to know what cruise speeds you are seeing with the fixed pitch prop, for a given power setting
        My empty weight is 1484 at 10.64''. My EW number includes the upholstered rear seat bench, at 26 lbs

As for speed/power setting, I saw 160-162 MPH indicated at 95%. RPM was near redline at 2650...this is very preliminary.

​​​​​​​Mike

Comment

Nice work, and congrats on the first flight!

Comment

Beautiful aircraft. More motivation to get back to work.
            Scott Ahrens
            Bearhawk Patrol Plans Built

Comment

Mike, your Bearhawk really does look nice. Great job. Exceptional. Mark

Comment

Thank you Mark.
                Kit quality contribute a lot to my successful build. I wouldn’t have been able to do that without it....Many Thanks.

Mike

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Gorgeous airplane. I love the simple, elegant interior that goes beautifully with the beautiful color scheme. You did a marvelous job! If it flies even half as good as it looks, you're in for a LOT of fun!
                    Jim Parker
                    Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
                    RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

• Aero_tango
                      Aero_tango commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you Jim.
                      It does fly very good as well.!!!
                      Mike

Congrats and welcome to the club!! Beautiful!! An inspiration to all those still building!! Makes all the work worth it doesn’t it!!! D.

Comment

• Aero_tango
                      Aero_tango commented
                      Editing a comment
                      For sure !!!!

Do you mind if i ask what will it cruise at at 2300 2400 and 2500 rpm fuel flow numbers leaned out would be great as well.

I always wondered what a fixed pitch may do on a 540 what is your static RPM

Comment

Well done Mike. It's very rewarding to complete a project, especially one as stunning as yours.
                      I thought that just a little over 20gph was hard on the pocketbook, but it's a short lived sacrifice. The cruise speed more than makes up for it.
                      Congratulations..

Comment

Working...
                      X