Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N22GM IO360 EFII Dynon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, is the the A or B model. What kind of cruise speeds are you seeing with the IO-360?

Comment

I don’t think Greg is active on the forum anymore so your not likely to get an answer. The plane suffered a total power loss and ended up in a creek but Greg was uninjured.

Last edited by whee; 09-27-2019, 11:18 PM.
      Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

• robcaldwell
        robcaldwell commented
        Editing a comment
        Was NOT injured... From what I heard.

• whee
        whee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Rob! I meant to type uninjured...sorry about the typo.

That's a real shame, so much hard work had gone into this project. Good to hear he was ok.

... "total power loss" - was there anything we can learn from this incident?

James
      The Barrows Bearhawk: Who knew my wife could get jealous of a plane?

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
        That's a real shame, so much hard work had gone into this project. Good to hear he was ok.

... "total power loss" - was there anything we can learn from this incident?

James
        NTSB has a preliminary. Sounds fuel related.

Comment

Was this the EFII system that is actually an SDS or was it the new EFII System 32 system. I suspect the former because of the dates and because there is nothing on the panel. Looks like the SDS head was mounted in a remote location.

Anyway, I'm not sure it's fuel related in the traditional sense as there was fuel pressure (so we know at least one pump was running), and enough fuel in the system. I suspect the EFI box cut out or the crank position trigger failed or some wiring came loose or there was a short with the injectors.

I wouldn't be surprised if this airplane shows up on an auction site somewhere if the insurance totaled it.

Comment

Originally posted by schu View Post
            Was this the EFII system that is actually an SDS or was it the new EFII System 32 system. I suspect the former because of the dates and because there is nothing on the panel. Looks like the SDS head was mounted in a remote location.

Anyway, I'm not sure it's fuel related in the traditional sense as there was fuel pressure (so we know at least one pump was running), and enough fuel in the system. I suspect the EFI box cut out or the crank position trigger failed or some wiring came loose or there was a short with the injectors.

I wouldn't be surprised if this airplane shows up on an auction site somewhere if the insurance totaled it.
            I think I saw it on insurance auction earlier this year.

Comment

Working...
            X