Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choices for OSH get together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choices for OSH get together

You guys please help me decide between two options for a get together at OSH this year.

Option number one - after hours at the booth everyone can come by for an hour or so. Maybe 5:30 - 6:30 on Tuesday evening. The EAA does not allow food or drink at things like this unless they arrange it which is too much BS/trouble.

Option number two - there is a city park called South Park not too terribly far from the show. Looks about 10-12 blocks from the Hilton hotel up on the corner. There is power, bathrooms, and is covered in case rain happens. If we do this we can arrange some fried chicken etc and everyone can eat if they want. The city rents this facility which I will cover. Cost is minimal. I have a telephone number for the city office where they rent the park facility. I will make arrangements if the group likes this option best.

Please let me know what yall think. I know there is some way to do a "poll" on this forum - but I am not familiar with it. So please chime in with your opinions as to which options would be best. I like the park option but for Bearhawkers with no vehicle - it might be a little more difficult. But among everyone there maybe we can do some shuttling by those of us with cars. Thanks. Mark

A few years ago, some of us RV-8 builders would get together for an hour or two on a specific date to visit at the picnic tables by the Theatre in the Woods. Sit at the picnic tables, bring a chair or just sit on the ground, tell lies and swap bad advice. Just another idea

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
      Mark Goldberg commented
      Editing a comment
      If we were going to do what you suggest - meeting at the booth seems about the same thing. MG

The park is pretty close to the airport so that looks manageable. It's 1.0 mile from the North 40 shuttle stop.

I'd vote for the park option. We can work out how to get people around.
    4-Place QB kit #111. First flight May 2022.
    IO-470 - 260hp

Comment

South Park is a good location. I grew up in Oshkosh and had many a picnic there.

Comment

I just reserved the pavilion in South Park city park near the show. 6:00 to 8:00, Tuesday evening. I like fired chicken so thinking what we have done in the past is good as far as food.

Chris or Jared - if you guys could inform me who/where you arranged the food I will get the ball rolling with them.

This pavilion has a bunch of picnic tables and serving tables. A playground for kids is very close for the young Bearhawkers. I look forward to visiting with everyone. Mark

Comment

• robcaldwell
          robcaldwell commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for putting this together, Mark!

I wonder if any of the guys from the vibrant New Zealand Bearhawk community (like Nev here) ever consider planing an adventure to Oshkosh. The greatest challenge is, obviously, getting off New Zealand (over 1,000 nm to the closest land in Australia), and even then, the shortest way would require stopovers in Russia… There are a handful of people who completed trips around the world in single engine piston powered planes (mostly Americans), some even solo. In other words, it isn’t utterly impossible, but would obviously require plenty of free time and money. I know I’d would love to one day plan a trip TO New Zealand (from wherever I happen to be based; either US, or EU).

Comment

Thanks for your sound advice. I’ll check out the RV-8 link.

Comment

Working...
        X