Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vetterman Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there enough contact information here?

~Chris
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Thanks so much for your time, that will work!

Comment

I am also a very satisfied customer of Clint's. I have a non standard IO-540 setup with a cold air induction. I sent him my cold air induction along with a bunch of measurements so he could mock it up and he returned a beautiful exhaust system. Because of space considerations he built a runner type system like the Rocket owners use instead of a 3 into one. He said the decrease in performance is very minor.
      Last edited by rodsmith; 08-12-2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I'm preaching to the choir I know but Clint's work is exceptional. Here is what he built for the angle valve O-360 in my Companion.

IMG_3097.jpg

Comment

Greg, who made your intake pipes? Is it one of Bob’s engines?

Comment

• gregc
            gregc commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, it is one of Bob's.

• Steve W
            Steve W commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok thanks. He makes them as needed. Thought there might be another source available. Mine are ridged, pipe and flange. I would like to get a flexible set.

I just finished installing my Vetterman exhaust. It's really nice how well it can be adjusted. It takes a bit of playing around to get the hang of it. One thing that was quite tricky is figuring out how much the tab on the exhaust pipe needs to be bent forward. This also determines where on the engine mount the adele clamp goes. Its stand-off need to match the angle of the stand-off to the clamp.
          Attached Files
          Bearhawk "XHawk" Patrol, O-360, Trailblazer 80", tubeless 26" Goodyears, Stewart Systems. See XHawk Build Log.

Comment

Working...
          X