Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headset jack location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headset jack location

Where did you put your headset jacks? I'm trying to place my pilot/copilot jacks and can't find a position that I'm all that pleased with so I'm wondering what you guy's have done.

Our two best ideas at the moment are either the wing root or above the rear carry through tube where our fabric terminates.
    Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

My front seat jacks are in the panel, back seat jacks are in the vertical former below the front door jamb. No complaints from me.

Comment

The head set jack pocket mount is available from ACS
      With the jacks located above and behind the pilot and co-pilot we have no cables/wires to get tangled in when entering or exiting the aircraft. The auxiliary or back up head set jacks are located in the panel if the intercom fails.
      Last edited by Mark Moyle; 01-13-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

The panel is the go to place I think but I don't have room in my panel for pilot jacks so I'm looking for alternatives.

I didn't know that ACS has those pods. Thanks Mark.

Comment

I put the front jacks in a bracket attached to the frame under and forward of the panel on the left side and ran the headset cord along the side under my interior thus hiding the cord. It comes out under my side panel just at the seat back. When you look in the front door there are no visible cords. There is plenty of room between the frame and boot cowl. The back seat jacks are behind the rear seat on the side panel.

Comment

Above your outboard shoulder, and maybe a little aft, is the out of the way place that allows unfettered movement.

Comment

I used the ACS pods mounted on each side just behind the front seats on the lower walls. However, my interior panels are aluminum, so mounting wasn't an issue.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              Larry Driver
              Bearhawk 4-Place Quickbuild N22LD
              Mogollon Airpark, Overgaard AZ

Comment

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post
                My front seat jacks are in the panel, back seat jacks are in the vertical former below the front door jamb. No complaints from me.
                I did the same too.

The only issue with using the panel, is the cords get in the way occasionally. I think that happens no matter where the plugs go, whether it's getting in / out, in flight, etc... a minor inconvenience at worst.

I put angles on the door sill and mounted my rear ones flush with the interior fabric, down right beside the seat. That is a pretty good location I think. People put their feet in all the wrong places as they get in, so be aware of that.

I've flown rear seat passenger in planes where the cords hang from the roof, above and behind the pilots head in the centre of the cabin. What a great way to spoil the view, watching cords swing back and forth as heads turn...

I like the photos above of the cords for the front seats running down the doorpost. That looks like the best result I can think of, although not sure where the Bose battery box would be in that situation. Don't want that expensive thing banging on the door post in flight.
                Last edited by Battson; 01-14-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I like the spot you picked 22LD. Makes it easy for the front and rear seats. We don't have interior panels so we can mount anything like that.

Battson makes a good point about cords spoiling the view for rear passengers and since this will be a family hauler we can't have that. I think we found a spot that will keep the cords close to the door post.

Comment

I installed pilot and passenger jacks in the left wing root. Because I'm fond of the panel powered ANC headsets, I installed LEMO receptacles along side the standard dual plug receptacles. For the past couple years, I've used the wireless Zulu headset. Love it! I've attached the panel powered module to the overhead tubing, so there are no wires draping anywhere. Works quite well. Pic attached.

Bill
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                    X