Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Links to Wing Hanging Instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links to Wing Hanging Instructions

In the AviPro Builders Assistance Manual, Wing Assembly instructions, top of Page 12, states the following:

"NEW (2016) ­Additional Guidance for drilling wings to fuselage.
    READ THIS FIRST, before the following section! Over the years we have seen some customers occasionally have problems drilling their wings to their fuselage. So Bob Barrows and Bearhawk Aircraft have written ​instructions​ detailing Bob Barrows’ best guidance on how to undertake this important task. If you follow t​hese instructions​ at ​this link​, you will have good results."

The links to Bob's best guidance are not working. Where can I find this information?

Thanks,
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Rob Caldwell
    Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
    EAA Chapter 309
    Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
    YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
    1st Flight May 18, 2021

Ii will email to you Rob. Mark

Comment

Rob, that manual has been superseded. Here is the current link:

Comment

Jared;
        I didn't like the idea of drilling the wings with the fuselage on the gear and tires. Too much of a variable. I had the fuselage blocked up. Couldn't move.

I still haven't figured out a good sequence too drill. I already did mine and it is good enough.

I made my wing supports out of scrap metal from the wing crate. Also the support for the fuselage. Free if you can weld.

Comment

Thanks for the response, Jared. Please take a look at this screen capture video of my experience using Bearhawk Tips. I must be doing something wrong....

(This video is "unlisted" on my YouTube Channel and cannot be viewed by the public)

Last edited by robcaldwell; 11-20-2019, 08:11 AM.
          Rob Caldwell
          Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
          EAA Chapter 309
          Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
          YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
          1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Rob, can you refresh and try again? I've made an adjustment on my end.

Comment

• robcaldwell
              robcaldwell commented
              Editing a comment
              That worked! Not sure what the issue was, but I was not ever able to see anything on the BH Tips site, until now. Thanks, Jared!
          Working...
          X