Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Done with steel fabrication....oh myyyyyyy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done with steel fabrication....oh myyyyyyy!

Yesterday I took my fuselage and all the steel bits to be sandblasted and painted. As a result I was in the shop all day today, taking advantage of having space and doing a good cleaning and sorting...something that was desperately needed. I was cleaning up the table where I have all the plans, templates, manuals and assorted papers and it just suddenly hit me. I'm done fabricating steel! I can't begin to describe the feeling that I just got a few minutes ago knowing there is a slight glimmer of sky at the end of the tunnel. Engine cowl, door skins and wing to fuselage fairings need to be done along with a lot of other details. BUT, the steel is done. Keep after it...one bite at a time.
    Attached Files

As much as I like to build stuff from scratch, I think a BH from scratch would have done me in. As I learn more about metal working maybe I will give scratch building a go.
    Nice job.

Comment

Great feeling isn't it! Good move hiring out the sandblasting, one of my least favorite jobs so far. Didn't mind painting the tubing myself.

Comment

Congrats on your mile stone, nothing like big progress to urge you on!!!

Comment

Working...
      X