Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lycoming O360 dual mag to single mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lycoming O360 dual mag to single mag

Good morning . I have decided to convert my O360 A1F6D from the dual mag with single mount, to electronic ignition for the top plugs, and mag for lower plugs. I would like to remove the dual mag and install a single mag on the accessory case . I am looking for input as to what mag I can use here. The drive is on the left side of accessory case. Any input as always is appreciated. I was thinking S4LN 21 but really I have no idea. Thanks
    Last edited by Gary Wallace; 10-09-2021, 08:12 AM.

In this configuration, I was thinking that the standard practice was to go with a mag for the top plugs, and EI for the bottom plugs. Since it is assumed that the bottom plugs foul easier?
    Rob Caldwell
    Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
    EAA Chapter 309
    Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
    YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
    1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Sounds good...I will take that advice. I haven't got coil pack plug wires cut and crimped yet as I do have some homework to do yet..I was thinking top plugs for cpi as coil is mounted on top of case.. would make a nice clean route to plugs

Comment

I could be wrong... Sounds like you are going with Light Speed, or SDS EFI? For some reason I thought you were referring to one of the mag drop in EI systems like Sure Fly or PMag.
        Rob Caldwell
        Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
        EAA Chapter 309
        Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
        YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
        1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

D as in A1f6D is a single drive dual mag..I have a crank trigger electronic ignition now and want to use the single mag drive for a compatible single mag
          not sure what mag will do the trick..I am thinking the S4LN-21? If anyone has any experience with this

Comment

• svyolo
            svyolo commented
            Editing a comment
            I think one EI is a good solution to the single mag drive issue, without the complication of a very robust electrical system.
        Working...
        X