Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/2 flexible fuel line gascolator to carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2 flexible fuel line gascolator to carb

I need about a 19 1/2 inch of 1/2 inch fuel hose from gascolator to carburetor. Any suggestions at a reasonable cost . Straight 1/2 inch AN flare each end. Thanks

The RV guys seem to like TS Flightlines, https://www.tsflightlines.com/contact-us.html
    Be sure to add fire sleeving to your criteria for that line.

Comment

• robcaldwell
      robcaldwell commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm all about TS Flight Lines! Tom Swearengen built all of my flexible fuel lines. Great guy to work with! He treats you like an old lost friend. The BEST!

I'm in the Hose education mode today too. If you are buying the line, Jared reference is sound.

Another viewpoint......I've found on this site and from Dave Prizio's book "Powering Your Plane" (Installing a Lycoming Engine your EAB aircraft) that fabricating a hose from Aeroquip 701 hose using reusable Fittings is not hard and has significant benefits. One of them is that you are able to get a perfect fit, adapt, and change things around.

A barrier for me is Aeroquip's high cost. Failure and education is OK but lets limit the potential damage.

So, I found a simple easy to use product catalog for hoses and fittings that I linked below (Aircraft Spruce actually carries some of there hose items.) It seems that I can now educate, experiment, fit, change and perfect a hose installation for fuel and oil at a lower cost. If I have product quality issues then I am ordering the right product Aeroquip or TS Flightlines with confidence it will be right.

BTW, I believe the Phenix double braided SS hose and there full swivel compression hose ends comparable to Aeroquip 701 hose and 816 style fittings.
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• svyolo
      svyolo commented
      Editing a comment
      There are quite a few different brands of fittings. A couple of dozen maybe. I bought Aeroquip first, then ended up with mostly Earls, Russell, and Summit Racings' own name brand. They are usually quite a bit cheaper than Aeroquip, and Summit is the best source for all the brands and fuel line that I have found.

I did use Aeroquip hose exclusively.
Working...
X