Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First flight in New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First flight in New Zealand

Lars Fellman in Helensville New Zealand flew his 4 place BH yesterday for the first time. It is a 540 powered BH, and the second 4 place BH to be covered in Oratex, the German fabric that already has all its coatings on it. Mark lars.jpg
    Last edited by jaredyates; 11-29-2015, 10:36 AM.

Awesome! Congrats Lars. Are those the Desser smooth 8.50's on there?

It looks like painted Oratex with that blue stripe?

Comment

Could be vinyl stripes. The Oratex guys told me that vinyl stripes and N-numbers would be fine, as would larger vinyl appliqués...
      Last edited by JimParker256; 11-30-2015, 09:33 PM.
      Jim Parker
      Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
      RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Those are the 26" Goodyears on his BH. And I asked him already how he put that stripe on - paint or vinyl. No response yet. Mark

Comment

Nice! What did it weigh in at Mark?

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
            Mark Goldberg commented
            Editing a comment
            I have asked that question already but no response yet. MG

The weight was 1,550 lbs I believe - the engine is actually an IO-540 developing 260hp, turning a three blade Hoffman prop if I recall correctly.

I think it's a wood composite propeller, which is obviously good for the balance. The noise is quite different to the standard 2 blade.

It terms of the weight, it's worth noting he has a lush fabric and Teak interior, a little extra alloy in the cabin to dog-proof the cargo area, and an autopilot installed.

The panel is dual Dynon Skyview 10" screens with a central radio stack, he flies from the right seat as you can see from the photo, but with central throttle etc.

Oh - I think the stripe is painted on, but I can't remember for certain.

Congratulations Lars!
          Last edited by Battson; 11-30-2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X