Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Streamline Flying Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streamline Flying Wires

Guys, I spoke today with the manufacturer of the streamline wires that will be available soon. He would like for me to give him exact lengths for the tail wires, and he will be making some 1/4" next week. So please measure your wire length if you have your hor stabs on and leveled. Give me end to end of the threads. Over all length in other words. These will have 2.5" of threads on each end, so there can be some variation and the wires will still work. Please let me know. Both Bearhawk and Patrol. Thanks. Mark

Top wires are 20mm different each side on mine when they are level. Assuming the fuselage is level and has no twist in the tail.
    Port wire is 1170mm, starboard is 1190mm.
    Bottom wires are both exactly 1030mm.

Our wires were a made fractionally longer, so they could be cut to length if required. Easier to cut shorter compared to trying to stretch a few extra mm out of them...

Comment

I have a pair of 1190mm wires in stock that I will use for the top but will probably shorten slightly but no less than 1180.
      The bottom measurement I'm getting between brackets is 1050mm so the 1030mm would work fine.
      Brian has lengths that I used on the Patrol but I'd have to contact him to get him to dig up info.
      Will this supplier have the same SS AN fittings that Brunton supplies. Don't think you can get SS ones from Spruce.
      Steve Busby
      www.aeroliteflight.ca

Comment

Mark. Any news on the flying wires and their costs? I'm putting my tail feathers on and could use them. Thanks. Gene Seiter

Comment

Still nothing definite. I had really thought it would happen soon but the manufacturer that I had so much hope in is proving more difficult than I thought to do business with. I am going to explore another option as well, but don't have any good news at all on this front despite my efforts to make it happen. If you need them soon, then Steen Aerolab/Bruntons are the only game in town. You don't know how hard I have tried to get this going. But I will keep trying. Mark

Comment

Thanks for your efforts. Todd Ramsey Sent from my iPhone

Comment

I have a set of streamline wires ordered from a new manufacturer for my LSA. Bob will inspect them and do a strength test. If all is good I will be ready to take orders for all three models. Mark

Comment

Fantastic. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labor. Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Hi Guys,
                  Vintage Aero down here in New Zealand is still producing tail brace wires for Bearhawks. see www.vintageaero.com or contact russward@hotmail.com. Special pricing for orders until 31 Jan 2015. cheers, Russ

Comment

I’m ordering flying wires shortly, in NZ.

Are the lengths above standard if I order 1190mm for both top wires and 1030mm for the lower ones ?
                    Is this measurement end to end of the wires (not including the AN665 Clevis’s) ?

Thanks.
                    Nev Bailey
                    Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
                    YouTube - Build and flying channel
                    Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

• AKKen07
                      AKKen07 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey Nev, I just measured mine - 1195 and 1045 tip to tip including threads and no hardware attached. Mine came from the overpriced place in Scotland that seems to supply most people's flying wires. I found out too late that there are other options including a guy just down the road from me...

Thanks. I wanted to make sure I was understanding this correctly. Appreciated.
                    Nev Bailey
                    Christchurch, NZ

Comment

Mine are a thing of beauty, but when I think of what I paid for them, I should have looked at other options.

Comment

Aircraft Spruce have them on the website now.
                        Nev Bailey
                        Christchurch, NZ

Comment

Can you give the item #? I don't see them when I search.

Comment

Actually AircraftSpruce never got back to me with the price and availability.

I ended up getting them from Russ Ward in Hamilton, New Zealand. Price was about NZ$1280 (US$890) plus tax.
                            A number of guys have purchased from Russ.
                            Nev Bailey
                            Christchurch, NZ

Comment

Working...
                            X