Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finished Bearhawk 4 place aircraft - the photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Bearhawk 4 place aircraft - the photo thread

I have been thinking of starting a thread about the finished and flying Bearhawks. Somewhere to collect together pictures into one place, for the viewing pleasure of prospective and current Bearhawk enthusiasts.

The reason for such a thread? I have always enjoyed looking over the wide variety of different aircraft set-ups, with home-building there is so much variety. The instrument panels, doors & windows, paint schemes, inductions, engines, landing gear, etc. Perhaps most importantly, I like generally getting a sense of the numbers and success of the Bearhawk design. To say "over 100 4-place aircraft flying" may not sound like a lot, but if you ever saw 100 aircraft of the same model in one place - it's pretty darn impressive.

For simplicity's sake, I will start a 4-place thread. If this takes off, no pun intended, then separate threads could be created for LSA, Patrol, etc.

If you want to contribute your photos, please do! That's the idea of this thread. I will try to start collecting public domain images where I can, please feel welcome to help with that too.

Great idea. Also builder could request certain pics to help through the build.

Comment

Sounds like a great inspiration thread.

Comment

I like it! When do we see the pics?

Bill

Comment

Great idea Battson! I have some pics of 6MK I’ll post tomorrow.
          Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Great idea Jon, and I love the look of your new wingtips.

Comment

Should we create a new category and make a thread for each airplane?

Comment

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post
                I like that idea. Keeps each plane separated, and anyone can contribute images that they've captured or located for that aircraft.
                Christopher Owens
                Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
                Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
                Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post
                  Yes please!
                  Mark
                  Scratch building Patrol #275
                  Hood River, OR

Comment

Let me work on that for a second

Comment

I've created a new forum category where we can start a new thread for each airplane: https://bearhawkforums.com/forum/com...ying-bearhawks
                      When you start a new thread, you can select a prefix for the title that corresponds with whether it is a 4-place, Patrol, etc. I'd love to see the plans number and tail number in the title, but will be happy to see which way you guys prefer it to go. Let me know if you see any way to make it better.

Comment

Nicely done Jared - that is a much cleaner solution, thanks!

Comment

This is awesome! Great idea and execution!
                          There's also a bunch of completed Bearhawks on Airliners.net

Comment

We have a photo collection on our website as well. Not updated recently. But some pics are there. Mark

Comment

When I click the thread for Bearhawk 4-Place N255z I get a search engine. I guess I need to click on "N255z" and not click "Bearhawk 4-place".

Comment

Working...
                              X