Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

name the Patrol SxS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name the Patrol SxS

Guys, I have received an order for the Patrol side by side model which I call the Patrol SxS. One QB kit will be made during the next production cycle at the factory. We are hoping some of you creative guys will think of a better name than Patrol SxS. Of course Bob will have to approve any name for his creations. But hopefully someone will have a good idea. Mark

The "Observer"
    Gerry
    Patrol Tandum #30

Comment

Bearhawk Badger

Bearhawk Kermode

Grizzly

Bearhawk Atlas

Bearhawk Gobi

Bearhawk Little Bear

Bearhawk Buzzard

Bearhawk Kestrel

Comment

Bearhawk "B" lite.

Comment

Patrol Duo

Patrol Partner

Comment

Patrol WB (Wide-Body)

Mike

Comment

I’m with Gerry! I like "Observer"!

Bill

Comment

bearhawk P2
                i like tandum, but it sounds like tantrum... and Bearhawks have better manners than that...

Comment

Thanks guys. I like one or two of the suggestions. I forwarded all of them to the decider, Bob. Lets see what he thinks. Mark

Comment

Duplicate post with #12
                    Last edited by Bcone1381; 08-14-2019, 08:42 PM. Reason: I thought this post got lost, and so I posted another with similar content. The completed post is #12
                    Brooks Cone
                    Southeast Michigan
                    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Bearhawk Recon
                      Rob Caldwell
                      Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
                      EAA Chapter 309
                      Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
                      YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
                      1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Bearhawk SXS-2P Lumber Jack, or SXS-2P Half Ton

This follows the conventional aircraft recognition nomenclature of Manufacture - Model Number - Nickname.

The nickname should be distinctive from other aircraft in the Bearhawk line. The name must do more than define the mission, set it apart from other aircraft in the lineup. If it inspires a perspective builder to dream then its a sure seller. (Confession....I don't like having to describe my Bearhawk Patrol build as "Not the Four Place Model, but the Two Place tandem seat model." so Lumber Jack or Half Ton name might help set it apart.)

"Strength with Agility" promotes the Bearhawk line of aircraft. Words I think that describe the SXS's mission is Backcountry, heavy hauler, camping, working airplane that gets the job done, Frontier, Alaska, Yukon, Mountain strip, Off Airport.

So, Lumber Jack creates a vision to me of off airport, backcountry camping with friends who also flew in, but the Lumber Jack carried the wood, ax, and the 60 pound ice chest. Half Ton....now I'm looking at a working man's pick-up truck.

2P-SXS...this is a model number that is consistent with my Patrol Plans. It says "Bearhawk (2 Place)" on the plans. "Patrol" is no where on the plans. I assume the original model is called just Bearhawk, or Bearhawk (4 Place) or Bearhawk (4 Place model B) So, 2P stands for a two place Bearhawk, and like Mark, SXS is side by side.

"I'm Building a Bearhawk Lumber Jack!" If I've heard of a Bearhawk, my curiosity is now raised and I say "What's a Lumber Jack." When I hear "Half Ton" I think "Wow, will that really carry a 1000lbs?"

So, Of the ones above, I like Badger, Grizzly, Atlas, or various bear names. "Widebody" if its wider than anything else out there.
                        Last edited by Bcone1381; 08-14-2019, 08:58 AM. Reason: spelling
                        Brooks Cone
                        Southeast Michigan
                        Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Bearhawk Pacer? I've already had people confuse my 4 place for a Pacer due to the aft fuselage and tail lines.

Comment

Call it the Bearhawk Cub and blow some minds🤯

Comment

It needs to be unique, copycat is no good.
                              Knowing Bob, it needs to be simple and unpretentious.

Comment

Working...
                              X