Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk on National Public Radio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk on National Public Radio!

Jared Yates is perhaps too modest to start this thread, but he and Tabitha were featured in a piece on NPR. It caught my attention when I heard a report about a Bearhawk flying into the temporarily-dormant Charlotte-Douglas airport in Charlotte, NC.

Famous they are! I was in a noisy environment when I heard it, couldn't understand a word Jared said but Tabitha was clear.

Comment

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/20/85926...al-air-traffic

Link to a recording of the broadcast.
      Colby Osborn
      Mullen/Lincoln Nebraska
      Model 5 Quick Build Kit

Comment

Thanks guys, I didn't realize it had gone national! The local reporter aired on the local station last week, and I thought he did a really great job.

Comment

Here's the video as referenced in the NPR interview. I just think this is so great!

Last edited by robcaldwell; 05-23-2020, 10:45 PM.
          Rob Caldwell
          Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
          EAA Chapter 309
          Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
          YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
          1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

That was pretty cool. Really strange to see empty roads and skies...
            Jim Parker
            Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
            RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

That was awesome, thanks for linking the video as well Rob. It’s weird to see CLT so empty and very cool to see it from the Bearhawk’s perspective! Speaking of national news, Flying Magazine just posted this about the new Bearhawk Five “6 place”! (Bearhawk Six perhaps ; )?!

Bearhawk Aircraft, based in Austin, Texas, announced its newest airplane, the 6-seat Model 5, on May 21. The airplane adds to its line of 2- and 4-seat airplanes, with a difference: It will be powered by a series of engines, including a spec-built 315 hp Lycoming IO-580 engine. The new airplane is Bearhawk’s largest to … Continued

Comment

Working...
              X