Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hangar Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jared I'm really sorry this has happened. Thankful no one was hurt. Hang in there, you will rebuild.

Comment

Thats terrible news, hopefully insurance covers the monetary part of your loss.

Comment

You have my deepest regrets and sympathy...

Comment

That is terrible Jarad my condolences please let us know what the cause was, so we all can take precautions. Glad there where no injuries.

Comment

Sorry to see it Jared. Aside from family, it's your pride and joy. Your bond is way closer than the average cessna owner, obviously. It's gotta hurt. Condolences!
            Frank Forney
            Englewood CO
            https://eaabuilderslog.org?s=FranksLSA
            EAA Chapter 301

Comment

Oh boy JaredĂ¢â‚¬Â¦that picture was very hard to look at. So sorry that it happened to you and your family after all the hard work you guys did. It looks like everything was destroyed. Hangar fires are awful.

Comment

Well Dang Jared! This really stinks! So sorry to hear about this! But as others have said, glad no one was injured! I have no doubt that you will rebound in flying colors!

Comment

IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m at a loss for words. Truly devastating. I wish you the best Jared.
                  Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Hey Jared,
                    Don't have the right words to make any of this better. But if work or travels bring you to the Albuquerque area and you want a Bearhawk fix, what's mine is yours!
                    Last edited by John Bickham; 08-26-2021, 02:08 PM.
                    Thanks too much,
                    John Bickham

Los Lunas, NM Mid Valley Airpark E98
                    BH Plans #1117
                    Avipro wings/Scratch
                    http://www.mykitlog.com/users/index....er&project=882

Comment

Hey Jared:

It's been five weeks or so now. I was thinking about you and your family today and wondering how you are all doing.
                      Brooks Cone
                      Southeast Michigan
                      Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Thank you Brooks! We are doing well. The airplane insurance settled quickly and without a fuss. The claim for the other contents of the building is dragging on but I'm hopeful. I don't think we will be able to determine the cause of the fire. The next Beartracks has a page or two with more ramblings and it will be out in another day or so. We have pretty much decided on plans for a new hangar, and expect that process will take at least 6 months. Between now and then we'll be on the lookout for a flying Bearhawk or the right kind of project. Not planning on another new plane build right now based on the stage of life and age of the kids. Let us know if you hear of any good prospects!

Comment

I wanted to make one more follow-up post to say thank you to everyone who has been so supportive after the fire! Just a little more than 7 months after the fact, I've posted a rather long story on our building log about how things have gone and what it has been like to wrap all of this up, in case anyone is interested:

Comment

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post
                            I wanted to make one more follow-up post to say thank you to everyone who has been so supportive after the fire! Just a little more than 7 months after the fact, I've posted a rather long story on our building log about how things have gone and what it has been like to wrap all of this up, in case anyone is interested:
                            http://bearhawkblue.com/the-final-chapter-hangar-fire/
                            That’s a good read. Glad you will be in the air again soon
                            N678C
                            https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
                            Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

Thank you Jared for sharing this, it brings tears of sorrow, and of deep quiet joy. At times during the two year stall in my slow build due to multiple health and other issues I sometimes thought of throwing in the towel, but the relationships that have developed and the promise of more so keep me in the game.

Thanks and blessings to you and Tabitha and your lovely girls!

Comment

• jaredyates
                                jaredyates commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thank you Mark, I'm glad to know you and always look forward to seeing you!

Great read and a reminder what these airplanes really give us.

Comment

Working...
                              X