Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rubber engine mount isolators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber engine mount isolators

Having a hard time finding rubber engine mount isolators for my 0-360 with a type 1 dynafocal Engine mount. The suppliers I’ve talked with including Vans say the Barry mount isolators number 94011-20 should work. In the pictures you can see what I’m up against. The cup inside diameter is 2 5/8 inches, and the Berry isolator 94011-20 outside diameter is 2 3/4 inches
    Im sure others with this engine and type 1 mount have gone through this. Hoping someone has some part numbers for isolators that will work. Thanks

Patrol
    Lycoming 0-360
    Trailblazer prop
    03A032D3-EF47-4493-B1BC-6BDEA9DF98DC.jpg DC6F6243-FC2C-4811-B2FB-AE7D00934F1A.jpg 8CCEE60A-2830-4363-AEB3-FC7C19ED8D9C.jpg B12E6A0C-A140-49AA-BF99-8B2069C65599.jpg

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
      Mark Goldberg commented
      Editing a comment
      We used to offer these to customers. But the manufacturer became unreliable and unable to supply them on anything resembling a timely basis. Maybe there are some out there that Scott could buy. Mark

I used these with a small cup mount

Comment

In the Bearhawk manual for the 0-360s it also calls out the Berry part number 94011-20 with the type 1 dynafocal mount, which is what I have in the above post that doesn’t work. Scott

Comment

Had the same problem- Berry mounts too big . I used a/s # 08-03600,works fine . Aircraft Spruce is showing “no stock , but can order”I would call them to get a lead time

Comment

Why not bigger cups on the engine mount to accomodate a more readily available isolator?

Comment

The Lord J-7402-16 works for the small cup type 1 dynafocal mount for the 0-360 Patrol. For future reference does anyone know what the Berry part number is that would fit this mount?

Scott
            Patrol 0-360
            Trailblazer prop

Comment

Hi ScottS, I'd like to make sure we have correct info based on what you have learned for the Kit Builder Manual at bearhawk.tips. We currently have information in two places, one old Beartracks chart and one in the KBM.
              https://bearhawk.tips/860 and https://bearhawk.tips/3384
              The only guidance we have is that all 360s use the same isolator, which I believe you are finding is not correct. Does it seem like the numbers we have there are wrong for all 360s, or just recent 360s?

I have updated the language as follows, let me know if you see any problems:

O-320/360’s use the Type I mount. Measure the "cups" that are welded to the engine mount. If the cups in the engine mount are around 2-5/8 inches in diameter, you'll want Lord J-7402-16 or Aircraft Spruce P/N 08-03600 if you can get them.
              Larger cups use Barry 94011-20 or Lord J7402-24 isolators.
              Builder Ivan H. did some research and found the following about the Lord 7402-24 vs the 7402-16:
              <em>I spoke with a Lord engineer again today. The gel filled spacers are designed to prevent metal to metal contact between the spacer and the inner portion of the dynofocal mount ring during start up and shutdown. That is when the engine experiences the most twisting in its mount. He also said that if a person wanted to save a few bucks, the gel filled ones are only needed on the upper left and lower right locations (as viewed from the cockpit in a front engined plane) to get the same protection. So if one is concerned about that sort of thing, get the Lord J-7402-24's for those locations and the J-7402-16's for the other two locations. They have the same stiffness He did acknowledge that many installations don't need that protection, but couldn't comment on the Patrol due to no engineering data.</em>​
              Last edited by jaredyates; 08-25-2023, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Jared, What you have written sounds good. The J-7402-16s work fine for the 2-5/8 mount cup. My engine is the wide deck, type 1 mount. Was hoping someone had a part number from Berry that would work, so others that are looking would know.

Comment

Working...
                X