Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NJB in New Zealand, plans 1242, kit 125, engine IO-540-A4EXP

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bearhawk 4-Place NJB in New Zealand, plans 1242, kit 125, engine IO-540-A4EXP

    I'll get it started, just to get the ball rolling.

    IMG_20180401_060421.jpg

    IMG_20180121_182940.jpg

    IMG_20180121_183018.jpg

    IMG_20180404_121806.jpg

    IMG_20180404_121729.jpg

    IMG_20180404_122124.jpg

    IMG_20180404_122205.jpg
    Last edited by Battson; 04-04-2018, 05:54 PM.

  • #2
    NJB is a Beautiful Bird! I've watched your videos and really enjoyed the walk around video. I especially think there are not enough of that type of video with a narration of the Bearhawk. I guess because there are so few of them.

    I see you have no air box on the bottom cowl. IO-470?

    Rob Caldwell
    Davidson, North Carolina
    EAA Chapter 309
    BH Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
    Build Log: https://bearhawk4place.blogspot.com/
    YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video

    Comment


    • #3
      Jonathan, thanks for the great idea! We can change the title to include your plans number and engine type if you'd like. I also created prefixes for the aircraft type.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by robcaldwell View Post
        NJB is a Beautiful Bird! I've watched your videos and really enjoyed the walk around video. I especially think there are not enough of that type of video with a narration of the Bearhawk. I guess because there are so few of them.

        I see you have no air box on the bottom cowl. IO-470?
        Thanks for the kind words Rob - if even just a few people get some value from those videos, then it's worthwhile

        We have no air scoop because I opted for "ram air" induction. I did a thread about it here. The photos have fallen victim to the Photobucket debacle, I will need to update the images.
        I updated the thread title to show IO-540.

        Comment


        • #5
          Speaking of value those skylight pics are fantastic, thanks for those! I see the sharp edge as the fabric wraps up to the skylight crossbar just before the access panel, what's causing that? I envisioned mine would wrap around the tube there and be a smooth transition?

          For folks interested in a photobucket workaround: https://bearhawkforums.com/forum/bea...=1522888593164

          This provides a means to see Battson's post as they were intended, and shamelessly copy his good ideas if you want

          Dave B.

          Comment


          • Bcone1381
            Bcone1381 commented
            Editing a comment
            FYI, I just did the Chrom photobucket workaround....My plans are to have a clean cowl like Battson's and am visualizing some thing like what he did.....it was really helpful to be able to see how he did it. Thanks for the tip.

        • #6
          Originally posted by Archer39J View Post
          I see the sharp edge as the fabric wraps up to the skylight crossbar just before the access panel, what's causing that? I envisioned mine would wrap around the tube there and be a smooth transition?
          That is the same tube you are planning to use. The fabric just sits upon it and there is a smooth transition. The shadow in the photo makes it looks sharp, but in fact it's an optical illusion.

          Comment


          • #7
            May I ask as a fellow Kiwi how you managed to get a set of plans? I've been told to call the designer in the USA but that's a bit tricky on the cell phone.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by Island_Moose View Post
              May I ask as a fellow Kiwi how you managed to get a set of plans? I've been told to call the designer in the USA but that's a bit tricky on the cell phone.
              "Back in those days" (only 2013 ) I had to telephone and then send money internationally.

              These days Bob has (had??) a website, and you can (could??) order online. I just tried the link and the domain has disappeared... so maybe he changed his mind about that.

              There are plenty of unused plans already in NZ which would probably be for sale, if you ask around.

              Comment


              • Mark Goldberg
                Mark Goldberg commented
                Editing a comment
                Bob does send plans internationally through the Postal System. That is taking longer these days than before.

                Any plans you find in NZ for sale will likely be the original model and not the Model B that is current. If that is what you want. Mark
            Working...
            X