Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone bought model 5 tube kit from VR3 in Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone bought model 5 tube kit from VR3 in Canada?

Hi all
    just wondering if anyone here has got a model 5 fuselage and other parts made from VR3 in canada?

along the way I have met several aircraft owners who have built other types using the VR3 tubes. There is a pitts s1-11b in australia, a DR107 or three in USA and israel, and overall i have heard they do good tube kits.

thanks, pierre

I don't know if Mark sells a tubing kit for the model 5, if he does, that is where I would get it.

Comment

This was a portion of a thread from 2021 and Bob's position at that time on this question.

"I just asked Bob Barrows if he wanted you sending his plans to a 3rd party to make parts for his designs. He responded that he sold you those plans to build a plane for yourself. VR3 is not authorized by Bob to make parts. Any parts. Their products are not engineering supported by Bob. And Bob wishes you would not do this."

Comment

I think that argument would extend to Spruce shearing spar webs, spar caps, etc. A tubing kit seems less a part and more a collection of conveniently trimmed raw materials. Just got my order of tubing for the wing weldments from AP... I could have had it trimmed closer, but then I'd have to have some other rationale for that DeWalt 14" cutoff saw ;-).
        Last edited by SpruceForest; 07-26-2022, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Since I changed my seat design to increase ergonomics I sent my CAD drawing to VR3 and got back impressively notching tubing for welding. They will also fully weld if you want as I believe they produce the engine mounts for VAN’s aircraft. We have purchased a design from Bob but we are free to produce parts for our own airplane as we see fit.
          Last edited by spinningwrench; 07-26-2022, 06:17 AM.

Comment

According to VR3's web site they do not offer a Bearhawk 5 tubing kit.

Comment

At the risk of being banned from the community I purchased a used, not started VR3 kit from a Patrol builder that purchased a QB kit from Mark. It was significantly reduced in price.

However if I were looking today I would only buy from Mark. VR3 doesn’t support this builder community at all. Mark helps QB and scratch builders. In my opinion we should support those who support us.

my two cents
              Scott Ahrens
              Bearhawk Patrol Plans Built

Comment

While we are free to do whatever we want, VR3 people lied to Bob and basically stole from him. If Bob didn't design these planes for us there would not be a BH community. They do not deserve support & business from the BH community. That's what I think. Mark

Comment

So cool. This is like that couple down the street that you think is as boring as a beige Ford Taurus, right? Like... they HAVE to be Russian double agents or in a witness protection program because NO ONE is THAT uninteresting, but then, like, one of your other neighbors happens to mention that THAT COUPLE has some totally freaky THING going on with ANOTHER neighborhood couple that you thought was ALMOST as snooze-worthy.

OK... maybe not quite that cool, but tell me more...
                  Last edited by SpruceForest; 07-28-2022, 07:42 AM.

Comment

I love American capitalism.
                    Rotflol
                    Last edited by Sir Newton; 07-28-2022, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X