Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aircraft Spruce - are these people for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love a good vendetta as much as the next guy but I'm not sure how you can be in the plane building/flying/owning hobbies without them.

Comment

• davzLSA
      davzLSA commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Jared I think if you look enough you can side step ACS. I intend to do this.

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post
    I love a good vendetta as much as the next guy but I'm not sure how you can be in the plane building/flying/owning hobbies without them.
    Seems I order from ACS nearly everyday
    N678C
    https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
    Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

If you’re a military veteran, and furnish them with the appropriate paperwork they will discount your purchases. I think it’s 5%.

Comment

• davzLSA
        davzLSA commented
        Editing a comment
        Im a vet and I have the "discount" with them but it does not apply to everything they sell. I does not matter for me because they have lost my business,

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post

Simple, Airparts, Spencer Aircraft and National Aircraft. Spencer and National are a short drive away for me. Between the three I can fab, maintain and repair. Spruce is not the only game in town.
      Gerry
      Patrol #30

Comment

I am 98% very happy with ACS. A few things they made a mistake, and corrected it, once a bit begrungingly. I almost get the idea they are making more money on shipping than they are markup on parts. Once, they noticed some discrepancies in shipping, and refunded me a couple of hundred bucks. But their shipping charges don't seem to jive with what they ship a lot of the time.

Might be their software, might be intentional. I am mostly happy, and on a lot of stuff they are the only game in town. I think Summit Racing's shipping rates and 1/2 the shipping time of ACS, if I can order from Summit, I do.

Wicks lost me on the hardware kit.

Comment

• davzLSA
          davzLSA commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't tell summit racing you are buying parts for an airplane. It could get the sales clerk fired. They say on their web site and in their catalogs they don't sell airplane parts.

This thread's still going!!
        Never realised this was going to be such a topical post :-)
        The Barrows Bearhawk: Who knew my wife could get jealous of a plane?

Comment

You started it OZ it think its tropical...

Comment

Working...
          X