Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side window sandwich seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side window sandwich seal

Are people using any rubber gasket material on side windows when sandwiched between doorskin and support angles or just the plastic window. Im sure i will get a variety of responses?? Thanks again

Not 100% clear on the question - hope this helps:

I used a mixture of open cell foam on the leading and trailing edges, and commercially available door and window draft seals at the top and bottom of the standard 4-place pilot / copilot windows.

Comment

I've not seen anyone using gaskets for the windows yet. I have some 1/64th thk neoprene i was considering for the task.
      Dave B.
      Plane Grips Co.
      www.planegrips.com

Comment

Sorry...when actually installing the lexan between door skin and door frame with an aluminum angle..actually installing window into the window frame or door frame

Comment

My cessna 140 had some thin black rubber. U channel. I am considering no rubber ...just the plexiglass or whatever

Comment

I put a thin bead of clear silicone on mine.
            Rollie VanDorn
            Findlay, OH
            Patrol Quick Build

Comment

For a different application (shock strut boots) I was looking for some super stretchy rubber (ish). I ended up buying an exercise band off Amazon. I need a heavier one for the shock struts, but wow does it stretch. 15 bucks bought long piece. The material would be good for a lot of different things.

Comment

Originally posted by svyolo View Post
                For a different application (shock strut boots) I was looking for some super stretchy rubber (ish). I ended up buying an exercise band off Amazon. I need a heavier one for the shock struts, but wow does it stretch. 15 bucks bought long piece. The material would be good for a lot of different things.
                Also google large CV boots.......something like these. You can cut them down alot. Was Simons idea.

3C0BE8AB-A6FB-4BF7-8DC3-5694784B6AA5.jpeg
                Nev Bailey
                Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
                YouTube - Build and flying channel
                Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

I put nothing in between the metal and plexi.

Comment

Thanks...thats what inwas wanting to do..looking for an ok! Thanks again. Just wanted to be sure itnwas a viable option

Comment

Working...
                    X