Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need right side one piece tip rib for A wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need right side one piece tip rib for A wing

Hey guys, my pops had a little fender bender with our plane a while back. It’s up and flying with a repaired tip rib but I’d like to install a new one. I could make a rib myself but ACS said I’d have to buy a full 4x8 sheet which I don’t want to do, and I don’t have to tooling in hand.

Is anyone willing to make a tip rib for me? If so, shoot me a message and we’ll work out the details.
    Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

If it helps I have an original form block available for donation to the cause. Shipping would be sub-optimal but if you had any future needs you'd have it.

Comment

Where it’s on the tip, maybe make it in two pieces with a join in the middle if your short on material?

Comment

Whee, I have a few ribs on hand. It would be the first week of December before I could send it to you as In am in New Zealand with my family. Mark

Comment

I was thinking about the idea of a 2 piece tip rib as well--- just to not have to buy 8 foot of sheet just for them.
          Now that I think about--- why not make it out of .032 in two pieces---- and then rivet on a 1 inch angle all the way around to make anchoring a wing tip in there a little easier. Would that be in the way of anything if it was riveted facing outward. ????? It could be fitted with riveted on blind nuts. ( I love those)

Comment

Thanks guys. My pops wants to do an exact replacement; one piece rib just like in the plans. We were able to find the form blocks Pete used to build the ribs. I think for now I will replace the rear 1/3 of the rib and if my pops wants to replace the whole thing later then he can do that. I don’t see a need and don’t want to order a 4x8 sheet to plane one rib.
            Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

You might see if Airparts will sell you a long skinny piece rolled for shipping. Perhaps 1x6 or whatever it requires. I have found them pretty amenable to selling remnants when they have them.

Comment

Working...
              X